• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pic says it all

didn't get much more completed tonight ... but the pics explain all ...

DSC04574.JPG

No it isn't connected to anything yet ... didn't get to finish the fuel system upgrades because I had to go into work. I need to made the cuts in the body so I can install the intake side with the larger maf ...
DSC04577.JPG

KKM 80mm maf adaptor
DSC04579.JPG

DSC04581.JPG

I also plan to wrap the up pipe and the other exhaust pipe
DSC04582.JPG

I am thinking this is going to be way to low for daily driving....

05-10-08_1858.jpg

05-10-08_1859.jpg

I hear a lot of negative responses to header/tube wrapping on the various turbo Miata forums although I'm not completely sure why.

I hear a lot of negative responses to header/tube wrapping on the various turbo Miata forums although I'm not completely sure why.

well it can harbor moisture. since I don't drive the car every day, and not very often in the rain I am not to worried about it. And when I do run the car it is just about always brought up to fill temp. So everything in the exhaust should completely heat up and dry out/off.

I think over the winter I am going to get all the hot pipes professionally powder coated and then I will go from there.

question on the MAF adapter...it's 80mm? I could have sworn I measured mine last friday and it was 85mm on the maf side to a 90mm opening for the intake/filter :confused:

so you're going with a smaller maf? :confused: my head hurts. Don't worry about explaining it. I'll look it up eventually lol

no its definately larger then stock, the maf adaptor I got with my NPG kit doesn't fit the MAF I am going to use.

plus this one is calibrated to be more sensitive. the stock maf tops out at 300 hp and some I will be right there I want some head room.

I'll take some pics tonight

well I was going to get going on the install tonight but I have changed my mind alittle. I want to get some numbers on the 3L so if I can work that out in the next few nights then I will do that and then go for the turbo install.

my deadline is two weeks so that the car can go to Carlisle.

I hope you have it done in time. I won't be at Carlisle but I want to see it.

I should be able to without much problem. I have assembled the kit once on the floor. its mostly bolting on pipes and clamps. The oil line fitting to the block is already in place and capped off. The vacuum lines are not hard to run. So the only thing holding me up is making the cuts in the body to make the intake pipes work ...

bagged had to install his kit three times, figures he can do it in 3 hours now from start to finish. So I should be able to do it in a reasonable amount of time.

youll get it in quick brian its a peice of cake once youve got everything figured out:cool:

Back