• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Parents took delivery of their 2008 Taurus today.

I have the same oval-shaped pass-through for the fold-down rear seats in my Maxima. There's got to be some engineering reason why they didn't increase the size of it, but personally it makes the thing almost useless for bulky items.

Based on the shape, I'm guessing the floor side has some bracing bracketry to stiffen the chassis from twisting. It is, after all, a fairly large car. Fully loaded going into some of the parking lots & driveways I've seen on this site, it'll need that help to keep its shape.

I drove an '07 (I think it was) and I thought the car was rather substantial, yet had handling that surprised me. The model I drove had the CVT. Weird... but VERY smooth. I wonder why they dropped it. Was it having problems?

Eh, it doesn't look that bad, but no that great imo either... for the money I'da gone with the Mercury MKZ... love the design of those, and could be a really good looker with very minimal mods.

Sorry if i missed it, but what size motor's the Taurus got in it ?

ps... lol saying Taurus again sounds wierd, they should of either a) Never dropped the Taurus name, or b) never brougt it back :blackeye:

taurussho.jpg

That picture=:drool::drool:

Now all they need is more 5.4L and manumatic with paddle shifters.:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Back