• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pic says it all

Yea he admits to not being a good speller but I am so I help him correct his mistakes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Then I'm really surprised you didn't pick up on my intentional misspelling of his name. :nonono:

Leave Brain alone. Just cause he went to 4 yrs of engineering school doesn't mean he has to know how to spell.

Last edited:
hey roger, you didn't happen to find that little bit of o-ring did you? its about 1/4" in length ... but I am going to figure you didn't ...

well so far so good. Car ran great for the trip down to my parents this weekend. The -10An lines and fitting my dad and I put together for the remote oil filter worked out great. Even the shorter FL-300 filter still rests on the fog light so I will have to adjust things alittle still.

Now the down side ... the new mtx is leaking oil. I am pretty sure it wasn't engine oil because it was on the back of the mtx. I can't tell where its coming from. The axle seals appear to be dry, so I suppose that only leaves the case. I'll have to check the fluid level. Also I'm not sure if I have a clutch issue or not. However it is a 2k mtx which is suppose to hold 2.1 (?) quarts of oil and I got about 2.7 in it since we filled to spill up on jaskstands, which is what I have always done.

Ever so often, more noticable when stopped on a hill, when I go to take off the clutch seems to grab really low but it doesn't move the car. A few times I have also head some sort of mettalic sound when this happens. It has also become alittle more dificult to get into gear sometimes. I suppose I should bleed the clutch again to make sure.

I also might have a radiator leak when the car is cold. We found antifreeze on the driveway after the test drive and some antofreeze that had been sprayed onto the subframe. About the only thing in that area is the radiator. My father thinks its a cold leak between the aluminum and plastic in the radiator that closes up when it heats up since it stayed dry after cleaning it up and driving it again.

I am having feelings that I will be taking the SVT to SZ as I am not sure I will be comfortable enough to drive the SeVT out to MI.

However desite all of the problems here and there, and how they are intermittant the car is running great. The engine feels really strong and the car pulls hard. So it will get there in time.

Last edited:
Damn that sucks! :bah:

I am having feelings that I will be taking the SVT to SZ as I am not sure I will be comfortable enough to drive the SeVT out to MI.
I was wondering if you'd come to that conclusion eventually. Sucks, but it's definitely a good idea to play it safe.

Damn that sucks! :bah:

I was wondering if you'd come to that conclusion eventually. Sucks, but it's definitely a good idea to play it safe.

thats life as they say. Can't expect to not have some small issues after changing so much on this car. Just need to keep from getting down over it. Normally punching the gas pedal helps :laugh:

And the SeVT vs SVT for Spring Zing has always been up in the air. Plan has been to get everything together on the SeVT, turbo and all and take it to SZ. But if it wasn't ready in time or I didn't feel comfortable driving it out there I wouldn't.

But maybe that is better in the end. Although it would be fun to have a boosted contour this year at SZ, if I take the SVT to SZ and the SeVT to Carlisle that would be cool to show off both at different times.

Retighten all the hoses for your antifreeze leak. For longest time on my truck I was getting a small leak and when I did a pressure test it was one hose that wasn't tightened all the way from when I took it off. It didn't leak all the time but I noticed it only if I let it run for a short while. Just enough to build pressure but not warm up the hose.
As for your MTX fluid I always fill it then roll it off the ramps and let it leak out until it is only dripping.
Do the simiple stuff first and hopefully there isn't anything major.

Retighten all the hoses for your antifreeze leak. For longest time on my truck I was getting a small leak and when I did a pressure test it was one hose that wasn't tightened all the way from when I took it off. It didn't leak all the time but I noticed it only if I let it run for a short while. Just enough to build pressure but not warm up the hose.
As for your MTX fluid I always fill it then roll it off the ramps and let it leak out until it is only dripping.
Do the simiple stuff first and hopefully there isn't anything major.

hmm, that is the situation. I backed the car out of the garage and went around the block. I then let it idle for some time to warm up and then shut it off. After that we went for longer drive so my father could drive the car. So I am not sure when it leaked out but it seemed to be under pressure. I can check the clamps but they are the factory clamps. I suppose they could be streched out or something.

I plan to pull the fill plug on the mtx and see what comes out. Also re-bleed the clutch. I also need to check it the shift tower sealed or not since I swapped it out. That could be the issue also. But it if is then there is water and antifreeze in the transmission because of the coolant leaks and getting water and antifreeze on top of the mtx.

Coolant leaks were a pain in the arse when I finished my 3L swap. I went over EVERYTHING and made sure every clamp was in place and tight during the install, but of course once it hit the road, I had a couple leaks.

Coolant leaks were a pain in the arse when I finished my 3L swap. I went over EVERYTHING and made sure every clamp was in place and tight during the install, but of course once it hit the road, I had a couple leaks.

tell me about it. I was up at UMass yesterday dropping a grill off to bob to strip and I had the upper radiator hose start to leak as I pulled up to where he was standing. I don't think that it was leaking before that but I am not sure. It was leaking from the hose at the head water crossover tube. There was a trail from the car for a shot distance. Got back to the storage and it wasn't leaking anymore. Seems to possible only happen when the cooling system temp gets over 200 degrees. As like this past weekend I had some leak out at home, and when I got back to the storage unit there was nothing leaking. But the trip on the highway the temp stayed right at 190~195 and didn't move.

on a side note, the clutch only acted like it was going to grab low once, but this was after I put some heat into it with some hard shifts. I bleed it the other day for good measure and there was no air and very clean fluid in the line.

Side note, the quailfe and clutch are :drool: I nailed second gear hard and head/felt the tires loose traction. Solid shift and engagement.

Last edited:
well I think that I finally got the coolant leaks under control. I added worm clamps to the ends of the upper radiator hose at the engine end as both at one point or another had alittle coolant collecting on the bottom of the hose. After some driving today there where no more leaks and the antifreeze that had come off the hoses had dried up.

now I believe I am getting air in the clutch line. today I noticed after some driving that the clutch was actually dragging as when I tried putting it in 1st the car jumped forward alittle. it seemed to clear up with a few pumps of the clutch. But I bleed the clutch last week and there was no air in it. Still not sure if its the clutch breaking in or not, its weird, but it grabs hard, just at the very top of the pedal travel.

its the little details that are killing me right now. The axle seals are leaking and possible the shift tower. Also the crank seal is leaking alittle :mad:

plus side, I have new axle seals, crank seal, axles and a turbo timer on the way. I also have an order to get new coolant hoses, radiator, etc when the samco hoses come in.

So today I looked at installing my capasitor for the stereo but didn't get anywhere with that. I also didn't get anywhere with the new hood trunk lid struts. I did however re-run the amp wire in the trunk. This was all after having to replace the battery terminals becasuse I couldn't get the possitive one to clamp down on the battery post. The new ones are much better anyway as they have plastic covers which is perfect for the exposed battery.

Next up I painted my turbo kit pipes. First I worked off the rust on the ones that had rust and sprayed them with a rust inhibitor that created a primer surface. I then coated then with 1200 degree primer and paint. How ever i didn't realize that the paint was as bright as it is.

04-18-08_1848.jpg

They did come out nice in the end. I need to touch them up tomorrow. I also should have my tune in a few days so I am getting closer to making this happen.

After that I took the porter cable to the front half of Jess Civic. So that is something else to finish up.

Back