• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

interest check: rawburt rear strut bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about rawburt etched signature series...etched w/the build number:laugh: :laugh:

I like this idea.... Or even the post before yours. Mine is T-Red, so powder coat the bar T-Red and have a Midnight Blue etched on top of the T-Red with the build number. ;)

"Rawburt Signature Series Contour SVT Build # 3585" in some pimp ass font of course. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was thinking of an optional etching and/or powdercoating in a certain color and things of that nature! It will be pretty cool and I wouldnt mind having it say Rawburt on it.....

- amyn

Etching is possible. Powdercoating is out, I have zero sources for that. And it would increase the timing significantly.

I'm sure by this weekend we'll have the last person to fill up both GB's, so I'm sure building will start.

Im going to be powdercoating mine regardless. So im out for the etching cause it will most likely get painted over!

But still a great idea for the others in the GB!

- amyn

Ok guys, sorry I havent had time to update this. But its in progress;

This is how my day went today. Work 7 to 330, school 4 to 6, and bars 7 to 9. Its a little rough right now, but im doing my best.

100_0336.jpg

100_0333.jpg

I'm shooting to have these done by the end of the weekend, thats not a promise though.

Looks and sounds good to me! Hope everything is going good for you! Thanks for the Updates!!

I am ready to pay as well....

- amyn

4th GB
1)95pgt-t
2)slicktsax
3)n2n20
4)qbcsvt
5)SVT Loki
6)TSTSE
7)TSTMTCSVT4923
8)Zerohour

5th GB
1)SVTkid
2)SVT3C
3)JJames
4)Fordman302
5)hotdimmes
6)desiato
7)svttour
8)Project SVT

There you go

BTW guys, I don't have the time to polish these like I did in group buys #1 and 2. The third one I just brushed the aluminum. For timing reasons I am offering the bars either painted or left raw. Now for the paint, I will go one color (black, silver, and charcoal all look good), I cant really go all custom on the paint jobs. So I guess what I'm saying is, these will all be painted unless otherwise specified. For those who want the polished look, all you have to do is hit the aluminum with a wire wheel, it will look all scratched up and brushed. Then take some aluminum polish and rub it out. It looks really good.

Thanks guys, and stay tuned for more updates. I will not be taking deposits this time around. When I complete the bars, I am going to open 2 new threads that will address strictly payment ($135 shipped) and shipping details.

BTW guys, I don't have the time to polish these like I did in group buys #1 and 2. The third one I just brushed the aluminum. For timing reasons I am offering the bars either painted or left raw. Now for the paint, I will go one color (black, silver, and charcoal all look good), I cant really go all custom on the paint jobs. So I guess what I'm saying is, these will all be painted unless otherwise specified. For those who want the polished look, all you have to do is hit the aluminum with a wire wheel, it will look all scratched up and brushed. Then take some aluminum polish and rub it out. It looks really good.

Thanks guys, and stay tuned for more updates. I will not be taking deposits this time around. When I complete the bars, I am going to open 2 new threads that will address strictly payment ($135 shipped) and shipping details.

Would you like us to list how we would like them? Painted and what color or raw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back