• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVTperformance??

Well now that I know your opinion........:confused: It does has a specific Contour section so that is where I go. There is some decent information, so I don't mind being the redheaded stepchild of the SVT crowd over there. Heck they even have a focus section! What about them?? Thanks for the non information The Five-Oh. :shrug:

Well now that I know your opinion........:confused: It does has a specific Contour section so that is where I go. There is some decent information, so I don't mind being the redheaded stepchild of the SVT crowd over there. Heck they even have a focus section! What about them?? Thanks for the non information The Five-Oh. :shrug:

the reason i never joined was because of what i had heard about the site, i know that when the focus/contour branch started it helped out, but the majority is just cobra and lightning guys.

and by the whole "nothing else is an svt" part is the mentality i've heard from them, which is why i just stick to CEG for contour needs.

SVTperformance is only good if you want a bunch of stupidity or if you need information on Mustang Cobras. The rest is just plain dumb, but highly entertaining.

The contour crowd there is extremly small, but the more forums the better, you may be able to get good advice there that you cant get anywhere else, and vise versa, of course this is the largest forum for our platform, but there are others that are helpfull as well.

Yeah c2 was a joke, I was on there and posted alot there only cause I was banned from here. I am on I think like 12-13 car forums as it stands now.

I know what your saying!! I am a member of probably 10+ forums ranging from various Christian to motorcycle, car or truck related, and some I've forgotten about over the years. But are active in only a few right now. They all serve or served a purpose when I joined but either vehicles were sold, interests change, forums went:crazy:, or family priorities kept me away. How did we EVER learn anything about our interests before the internet:shrug: ???
As far as SVTperformance, it FOR SURE IS NOT CLOSE to CEG in many aspects but helpful to a noob SVT owner like myself gain information. It's all good guys. Just stirrin' the pot a bit. :D

Last edited:
Im a member and I have to admit its a great place to hear info on cobras as for the contour you cant beat this site!!:cool:

Its a good site to ask the general noob questions, gain knowledge and then come here and not get reamed by the usual, "search" crowd. Makes you seem much more intelligent, at least when you are first starting out.

Other than that, what more is there to know about your CDW-27 than you can find at CEG?

CEG > *

Anymore, I think SVTP mainly serves as a forum for people who just bought an SVT or are looking to buy one. For some reason, people usually end up there or at automotiveforums.com when asking questions, even though CEG is the first thing that pops up in a google search and has 1000x the info. As far as the RWD guys looking down on us, I'd say a small group of members might, but most seem to respect the car, even if they dont look at it as much more than a daily driver.

As far as the RWD guys looking down on us, I'd say a small group of members might, but most seem to respect the car, even if they dont look at it as much more than a daily driver.

Not really, most of those guys have 400+hp RWD mustangs, they dont care much for 150hp Contour's. Believe me, i know.

Back