• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pre98-Hood

Pre98-Hood

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CSVT#49,
Those are great for the Post 98 hood but I think the Rounded one I posted (and have available for a mold to be made of) would look better on the pre-98.

CSVT#49,
Those are great for the Post 98 hood but I think the Rounded one I posted (and have available for a mold to be made of) would look better on the pre-98.

Really? The body's are the exact same minus the front bumper/front of hood.

I'll try to find a picture of a pre98 and using PS I'll put the same Cosworth RS louvers on it. I'm pretty sure it will look equally as good.

Its really just a personal thing, however I find the Front(hood included) of the Pre98 and 98+ to be very different (what Ford intended I think) and since the contours of the hood are very different (98+ is flatter) I think the rounded vents look better.

Personally, I think this one is the most subtle/attractive:

PB170007copy.jpg

It definitely flows best with the lines of the car. Take the existing bulge and make it bulgier(sic). :) It would still leave room for vents, not to mention the added clearance underhood. One or two vents, I'm not particular on the number. Just so that the driver's side is over the air filter location. I do think the round ones would look best. They would mimic the grill opening, therefore making the custom hood look like it was stock. Couple a hood like that with a molded SVT bumper, and you would have one seriously muscular looking pre-98.

CSVT#49,

Maybe in your opinion, but from what I see below it looks perfectly fine to me :shrug:

Grant it they would have to be lower on the hood as to not mess with the body lines of the hood, but yea they would still be solid.

96gllouversqm9.jpg

could someone PLEASE chop the round ones into an American pre98 hood so we can get some Idea!!! I'd like to put the two different vent's pics side by side. Whether or not the cowl is in the pic make no nevermind to me.

Cossie vents are done. :D

Cossieventscopy-1.jpg

Blending was a tad difficult, but I managed. The scoops should be up in a few mins.

I liked how this one turned out:

NACAscoops-copy.jpg

NACA scoops, enjoy.

Anything else guys? Maybe a combination of two hoods?

Well, when comes production time (why we're all here) I won't be in for the NACA ducts. Cowl, Cossie (either style) vents or a combo of both and my money is in.

I think the Cosworth RS louvers are where it's at. I think they look ten times better then those rounded louvers :shrug:

Anyone else down for these??

cosworthps2jy7.jpg

96gllouversqm9.jpg

Mike could you chop the rounded one on that white pre98 as the one Kerry did isn't doing it for me either.

I did say I would take any cossie louvres over the NACA ducts.

Alright.

I've been clearing out some work lately and I think I have time to do some custom edits for this. I'll post back later if I get something good going.

Yeah sorry the volunteer work has taken a back seat as of late. I like the Cosworth RS ones a lot, but imagine if they flowed up to the curve in the hood lines?

They look too rectangular otherwise, and obvious that it was cut out and dropped in. Remember, if you cross the lines of the hood, you'll have a 'dip' in the vents which I think won't look right in the final product. The oval ones are too round [imo, sorry]

Last edited:
Pre98/Post98 hoods

Pre98/Post98 hoods

Okay guy's I starting a poll there is alot of info out there on the type of hoods we want. I looked back over all the info and I think that what I present in the polls was the most importanting things to the potenial group buyers. If I have overlooked something please let me know. Please particapate in the poll so we can move forward in this group buy. Merry Christmas to everyone and thier families Thank-you Con-man

Couldn't get everything I needed in the poll I would also like to add:
Material hood will be made of
Carbon Fiber
Fiberglass
Colored Carbon Fiber
Oem Hood

Last edited:
I would prefer options of both carbon fiber and fiberglass so that we have an option that would be less costly available to people.

I would prefer options of both carbon fiber and fiberglass so that we have an option that would be less costly available to people.

I'm with you on that one...even though I have a post 98 that this GB may not apply to. I like the idea of blending the RS louvers into the line of the hood so as to not give it that "Super Square" look. I am imagining it as straight on the outside edge and curving up towards the windshield on the inside lines. Does that make sense to any one??

1161382097-1160844860966.b.jpg

This is what I need to do^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back