• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3.0 liter!!! ha ha ha

:rolleyes: I don't know what you are talking about. Looks good to me. Learn to use the quote when you want to prove a point. :laugh: fail = YOU!

Do you have downs? I really need to put it in the little box so you understand? You are just like your mom.

What point was I trying to prove? I was simply stating that you should spend a little more time on what you are trying to accomplish. If you don't, you just come across as Reebs described.... a little kid.

Do you have downs? I really need to put it in the little box so you understand? You are just like your mom.

What point was I trying to prove? I was simply stating that you should spend a little more time on what you are trying to accomplish. If you don't, you just come across as Reebs described.... a little kid.

WTF is your problem? Seriously. It is a joke, I know Reebs knows it is a joke. You are the only one who doesn't get it. Get your head out of your ass and read between the line! Anyway, if you have a problem with me take it to the PM's so we can stop highjacking this thread

Last edited:
I've seen Aussie post on fordcontour.org (the "other" site). I went over there to do some research and they appear to hate the "hybrid" swap :shrug:

ok guys, cut the crap out and get this topic back on track ...

Frosty, yes I have seen this also. however ...

its all personal preference on what type of 3L to use.

everyone needs to do their own research, make their own choice and build the engine that is suited for their needs ...

Didn't I say that already? :shrug:

They don't like the hybrid because they like the "overall" torque bandwidth. More in the middle, not so much up top. They think it feels for a better driving car. Just all a matter of opinion. If I do a 3.0L in my car I figure that is the way I am going to go. Just cheaper and easier to do.

full 3l swap makes for a "better" dd,were the power is in a more useable area. unless your the type thats go's balls to the wall between every stop light:shrug:

everyone needs to do their own research, make their own choice and build the engine that is suited for their needs ...

I know, that is why I went over there. I seen they were biased toward the straight swap over there and I made the mistake of posting a couple questions anyways. :laugh: I told them I was considering doing a hybrid, but wanted to add up the pros and cons of each before making my final decision. Right away they ask me if I'm gonna start taking it all apart and put clevite bearings in too right away like the rest of CEG :crazy: I now know not to ask about 3L's over there anymore..it didn't turn out so good :blackeye::laugh:

I've seen Aussie post on fordcontour.org (the "other" site). I went over there to do some research and they appear to hate the "hybrid" swap :shrug:

Just b/c I post on the "other" site has nothing to do with my thoughts about the hybrid issue. I don't hate them I just happen to think there is a better way to acheive HP. I guess I'll find out one of these days if my ideas are any better than someone else's....:cool:

BUT DON'T EVER PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH OR MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT ME ON FACTS YOU DON'T KNOW. I HAVE THE ABILITY TO PUT MY OWN FOOT IN MY MOUTH AND PISS OFF PEOPLE ON MY OWN WITH OUT ANY HELP AND I RESERVE THAT RIGHT ON MY BEHALF EXCLUSIVELY!

I DON'T LET OTHERS THINK FOR ME NOR TALK FOR ME THAT INCLUDES YOU FROSTY......! There are many people that post in more than one place. Unlike some others, I have never referenced one site while posting on the other, and don't intend to, enough said.

NOW, can we get on with a reasonable discussion and kick around ideas w/o presumptions? OR does someone have a problem with that?

3.0L are for fun not to be serious about. For every 3L and CEG'r there is a different way to build it and as long as it doesn't scatter all over the road..... it's goood! A lot of folks get way to wrapped in which is best and in the end it is all choice. Heck get one of each and put them on a track and see which one works best....:laugh:
AF

Frosty, yes I have seen this also. however ...

its all personal preference on what type of 3L to use.

I see we agree :laugh:

Didn't I say that already? :shrug:

They don't like the hybrid because they like the "overall" torque bandwidth. More in the middle, not so much up top. They think it feels for a better driving car. Just all a matter of opinion. If I do a 3.0L in my car I figure that is the way I am going to go. Just cheaper and easier to do.

Who is "THEY"?

I happen to think I would do the straight swap also and keep it tuned for regular unleaded j/bc I can't seem to find a way to make myself pay for primium gas.... LOL

I try really I do, and I'd like to have an SVT, and my SE is actually an SVT hybrid, and..........

Ah, what the heck I'm just a cheap SOB :blackeye:

Aussie Ford

Last edited:
I have to break this up before Aussie Ford quadruple posts in a row. :laugh: He now carries the sad record in this thread for triple posting in a row.... multi-quoting is 101 stuff people! If I was a mod I'd infraction for trying to raise your dang post count stupidly. :mad: :laugh: :mad:

unless your the type thats go's balls to the wall between every stop light:shrug:

While i don't have a "true" hybrid(2.5 svt heads on a 3L) Mines an 04 port matched to the svt uim, etc. As a dd it works frickin great and i just sit in the 2500-3000 rpm range and still have power on tap no problem. And yes, i go through an 1/4 tank between each light:crazy: . Just cleaing the parts before you install them really helps too. Got me an extra 4 mpg just cleaning my lim before before the install(it was real bad) But to each his own

I bet it is a fun drive, but why did you chose to go to the trouble to install a smaller UIM with the same size TB on it? What advantage did it provide you?

I bet it is a fun drive, but why did you chose to go to the trouble to install a smaller UIM with the same size TB on it? What advantage did it provide you?

I thought because it was a double runner and because of the design, it caused it to flow the air "faster" (more velocity) than a regular 3.0L UIM, and going to a larger sized TB wasn't needed until you went to a FI setup of some sort.

I thought because it was a double runner and because of the design, it caused it to flow the air "faster" (more velocity) than a regular 3.0L UIM, and going to a larger sized TB wasn't needed until you went to a FI setup of some sort.

I will give you a ride in my car, then you can ride in one of the straight 3L swaps around here :)

I'll let you be the judge :laugh:

its a good theory...but thats not how it works.

I thought I read that is what Terry Haines said a while back. Not 100% sure if that is what he ment though, I might have just misinterperated what he wrote.

I will give you a ride in my car, then you can ride in one of the straight 3L swaps around here :)

I'll let you be the judge :laugh:

That works for me!

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure he supports using the 3l uim or st220 uim. or svt cams/svt manifold or 3L cams/3l manifold. but not mix matched.

the different lengthed runners will cause the air to flow at different speeds,not a good thing on the low end

and what is the most you can get out of one with out breaking axels?

I ran my 3Liter Turbo at 10 - 14psi for months and months on the stock axles that had 128,000 miles on them with no problems at all! And those were not all granny miles either. :)

And the SVT Intake Manifolds flow great. I used them since I had SVT cams in my port matched 3L heads and all I had was an optimized SVT TB for mods to the intakes. But I guess it doesn't matter the setup when you are shoving and forcing air in. :laugh:

i'm pretty sure he supports using the 3l uim or st220 uim. or svt cams/svt manifold or 3L cams/3l manifold. but not mix matched.

the different lengthed runners will cause the air to flow at different speeds,not a good thing on the low end

I'm using SVT cams and LIM/UIM with a spankin new 3L bottom end and oval port heads with full port and polish from PnPheads.com (Kinger) that had the center valley welded and port matching for split port manifolds.

Not really a budget swap so I have an unfair advantage over the straight 3L :eek:

Oh and I have functioning secondaries (which is key if you're keeping with the split port manifolds)

Back