• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ready for spring?

LauraSVT

I'm a dude, no really!
Thinking about nicer weather today. Here are a couple of shots that beat the 26 degree weather we're having here.

Florida golf course:

golfcourse16.jpg

Palm trees:

img_palm_trees.jpg

As much as I want to get in some more snowboarding and pond hockey I'm very ready for spring. I can't wait to spend a day washing, re-washing, waxing, re-waxing and cleaning the entire car. Aggghh

I can't wait to give the car a proper wash, wax, and polish, myself. I'm toying with the idea of doing it all at work one of the nicer days, while on lunch.

I can't wait to give the car a proper wash, wax, and polish, myself. I'm toying with the idea of doing it all at work one of the nicer days, while on lunch.

You get four hour lunches? Must be nice. :cool:

I love the springtime (by far my favorite season) and am looking forward to it. I could post tons of pics of sunrays shining through green leaves. I truly can't wait till I can open the windows in the apartment and get that amazing cross-breeze through. Front-to-back, open concept small pad with lots of windows FTW.

At least if it's going to be cold, we might as well get some snow, so I'm also looking forward to tonight's storm.

I'm excited about not having to clean off my car in the morning and not having to wait for the heat to turn on in order for me to be comfortable. Spring is also the season my birthday is in. I turn 18 meaning TATTOO cause im so rebellious...cough..:rolleyes:

I'm excited about not having to clean off my car in the morning and not having to wait for the heat to turn on in order for me to be comfortable. Spring is also the season my birthday is in. I turn 18 meaning TATTOO cause im so rebellious...cough..:rolleyes:

it is more fun to punch a hippee to be rebellious.

yeah I am ready for warmer weather, its been bone chilling cold here resently. I need the warmer weather so that I can get working on my car to get it ready for the 3L, NPG turbo kit for SZ if possible.

I also want to properly detail my cars too

yeah I am ready for warmer weather, its been bone chilling cold here resently. I need the warmer weather so that I can get working on my car to get it ready for the 3L, NPG turbo kit for SZ if possible.

I also want to properly detail my cars too

So much for it being a secret Brian... :laugh:

i cannot wait for spring!

just over 29 days until The Australian Grand Prix!!!!!!!

and i just got a 32" HDTV. Woohoo!

I admit now I'm looking forward to the warmer weather a bit just to get motivated to do stuff. I've been watching Small Space Big Style on HGTV and have some ideas.

Where the heck is spring? Another -20F when i woke up this morning. 3 weeks of this cold azzed weather is enough for me. Is it too much to ask for 1 week with a high of 30? When it hit 4 yesterday it felt warm......:nonono:

I've been dying to do my brakes but it's sooooo cold I can't get around to it (also the fact that my svt brackets are at tony's house still doesn't help.)

My pads are on their way out but I have new rotors, lines, fluid to also do that I keep putting it off so I can do everything at once. Braking is getting too close with the rain/ice and no abs :blackeye:

Well, after 7 hours of clearing solid water (90% ice 10% snow) yesterday I'm all done with winter. For those that don't know we got it pretty bad in NH on Wednesday. 7 inches of light fluffy snow then 3.5 inches of rain = 3 inches of solid water as mentioned above. 60-70 lbs per shovel full and needing to throw it over the 8 ft snow banks. 2 hours in the pouring rain standing in 3-4 inches of water on Wednesday night just to get enough open to get the truck and Mazda in the driveway. Then yesterday the ice chipping part. I used a spade shovel more suited for digging holes in dirt to plant trees and stuff to clear the crap out. To clear where the city plow closed off the driveway there was a 4 ft diameter boulder of ice that I had to hack up and throw the pieces by hand. At least the driveway is flat now, but still ice covered.

Lets see. From the garage to the street is probably 30 shovel widths and from side to side is about 20, so total area is about 600 scoops. Times 65 lbs per scoop = 39,000 lbs (19.5 tons). Add some more onto there for the snowbank created by the plow and were probably around the 22 ton range. I thought the 300 lbs in grass clipping per week in the spring was bad. I'll take that now please!

Back