• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Manchvegas meet?

rouar

fixer
Admin
So I've been procrastinating this but it's coming up quick. I need to move some furniture from Somerville to Manchester during August.

Would anyone be interested in a "Help me Move in Exchange for OG" and possibly Manchester see-the-sights meet? It's not that much furniture (1br apartment) and some good food. :) I'm also a short walk from downtown if Manchester locals know of any good activities.

I'm thinking early August: 4, 5, 11, or 12th, so as to not interfere with JD2-98s Newport meet. Let me know if you're interested...

So I've been procrastinating this but it's coming up quick. I need to move some furniture from Somerville to Manchester during August.

Would anyone be interested in a "Help me Move in Exchange for OG" and possibly Manchester see-the-sights meet? It's not that much furniture (1br apartment) and some good food. :) I'm also a short walk from downtown if Manchester locals know of any good activities.

I'm thinking early August: 4, 5, 11, or 12th, so as to not interfere with JD2-98s Newport meet. Let me know if you're interested...

2 meets happening early august? whichever falls through, Ill go..

Just let us know when you have a solid date picked out. As long as we don't already have plans, we'll help out. I assume you are renting a moving van for the big stuff?

moving van = Joanie aka our F350. ;)
And anyone else that wants to lend a vehicle to haul whatever we can't fit (smaller furniture and all that other house stuff).

Matt, I'll check on those dates and get back to you.

Kim and Mike, thank you so much. If you have any reservations about driving in Somerville, please let me know, I have no problem renting a van. Somerville is a pain to drive in a large vehicle. I do have a driveway though.

I don't have much stuff. The few furniture pieces I own will fit in one vehicle, this is all I really need help with ... and afterward we can eat and perhaps see the Manchester sights. Or just chill on my (quintessentially) 80s couch and set up the TV lol.

Mike used to drive limos during college in the Boston area, so he can do eet!
You should see some of the places he has had to parallel park the limo. :shocked:

lol "Manchester sights"

Manchester sights = Underside of large airplanes!
Manchester sights = Fart pipes on ricey civics
Manchester sights = muffin tops
Manchester sights = people pushing shopping carts on Elm Street
Manchester sights = Bumper to bumper traffic on So. Willow st.
Manchester sights = latest stabbing, baseball bat beating, shooting in center city

lmao...

Manchester sights = Underside of large airplanes!
Manchester sights = Fart pipes on ricey civics
Manchester sights = muffin tops
Manchester sights = people pushing shopping carts on Elm Street
Manchester sights = Bumper to bumper traffic on So. Willow st.
Manchester sights = latest stabbing, baseball bat beating, shooting in center city

lmao...

hahaha aint that the truth!

Greetings from southern Oregon! Dang, I miss you guys already... why are all the meets happening now (rouar, jd2, respectthecontour) after I leave? :(

The Thunderbird made it 4000+ miles across the country, up to an elevation of 6393 feet on I-90 (no carburetor adjustments necessary, which rather surprised me). With a 2.75:1 final drive ratio, that boat handled like a fully loaded tractor trailer on the inclines, so we decided to rent a car to go through Yellowstone.

Anyway, good to read/hear that everyone's doing well.

August 4 is excellent. :)

Kim, Mike, Robin, Jason, I PMed you my Somerville address.

Whoever is interested in showing up at Manchester .. even if it's just to hang out (Goonz, I have still not seen your G35!) .. shoot me a PM and I can give you my Manchester address. :)

Thanks!

Po .. I had completely forgotten you were moving, especially taking the Thunderbird cross-country! Glad to hear you made it fine!

well I can't make it up on the 4th as I am working my second job that weekend.

and Po, great to hear that you made it out ok, how do you like it so far?

i have to check my schedule, but if it is open, consider jess and i there.
i can bring the truck too.

Consider me there :). Well, unless some sort of extenuating circumstances arise that seriously hinder me. I'm having school issues but that shouldn't matter, it'll be a weekend! :D (I don't think I have a family thing going on hehe)

11 in Somerville sounds like a good time frame. I'm open to before or after as well. This would put us in Manchester at 2-3pm. Plenty of time to unpack, hang out and .. er .. see the sights. :)

My Manchester apartment is on the 2nd floor but the front and back staircases are both outdoors and very easy to navigate. I think all of the furniture is light anyway, and as I said before there's not too much.

Street parking only (I have one spot in the lot we can use for the unpacking vehicles) but it's a quiet 25mph residential neighborhood.

oh boy, this is not good. I try to refrain from street parking :blackeye:

Its a really quiet neighborhood, but I understand your concern. You can park your G at our house, which is only a mile or 2 away and you can ride with someone else.

Back