• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stealthy state troopers, beware!

Troopers have been dotting almost all of 93n beginning in Wilmington lately. Fortunately, I was slowing down both times I spotted them, and was in a mess of traffic going the same speed. :)

In Illinois, they have completely unmarked Camaro SS. They have lights in the back window, which is tinted so you can't see them until they are on. They are all pewter color, so they don't look like cops at all. I guess that you get used to looking for them if you're from there, but if you're just driving through, they'll surprise you.

Last edited:
junior operator? As in under 18, or as in "less than 6 months experience"?
That SUCKS if it means you're under 18. I'm so glad I got my license just before they passed all of these ridiculous rules. Although I did have the 6-months-no-passengers and no-driving-after-midnight laws.

The night I got my license, I went out cruising with a longtime buddy of mine. Things are a bit different now. Government has gotten bigger, I guess.

Perhaps this thread is a good place to mention, once again, that speed cameras have no place on our roads. Government has got to stop.

As long as the longtime buddy is a sibling, you're fine. Otherwise, you lose your license for a while (I think it was 90 days when I got my license, although it's probably 5 years or something equally pathetic now.)

As long as the longtime buddy is a sibling, you're fine. Otherwise, you lose your license for a while (I think it was 90 days when I got my license, although it's probably 5 years or something equally pathetic now.)

Some pretty stiff penalties, to be sure.

your right, just make sure you keep fluid in it and you should be fine .... I was just messing around with you anyway .... it does take some balls to go from a 2.5 atx to a 3L mtx all at once :cool:

But i already got my three bottles of syncromax for the euro tranny come may....but going from the 2.5 to the 3 just made it even better.I freakin love it(yes, the engine) and don't worry about it, you got the turbo comin.....then we can have a traction race.

Unmarkeds...

Unmarkeds...

Yeah, CT doesn't have many "marked" cars per se'....all of their marked crusiers are just monocromatic paint schemes...

Brapple, where did you say you live again? My Folks live right on the Enfield, CT border, and I vist there regularly....I myself haven't seen too many staties in that section of CT, especially on 91...MA staties on the other hand, like to sit on that turn-around right over the border.

Saw a black or dark blue Impala today following me on 93S in MA. Totally unmarked till I saw the lights in the rear deck.

I thought it was a plainclothes guy inside so I'm not sure if it's a PI or just someone who bought one. MA passenger plates.

I saw a Focus today (yes, a Focus :shocked:) with radar on 146N on my way back from cannondalemtb's house. It was in the breakdown lane with the flashers on, and I slowed way down to speed limit once I saw his window was rolled down. Sure enough, I saw the reflection of the front lens of a radar detector poke out and shoot me from behind. I think it was a tan ZX3, but I can't really be sure because of the way the sun was hitting it.

They do that pretty often. I once passed a very common speed trap area on 290E. There was a white Mazda6 with flashers and very dark tint sitting under a bridge, and two or three cruisers hiding behind the bridge. Very stealthy.

Brapple, where did you say you live again? My Folks live right on the Enfield, CT border, and I vist there regularly....I myself haven't seen too many staties in that section of CT, especially on 91...MA staties on the other hand, like to sit on that turn-around right over the border.

yeah ctmystique and I are both just off rt 5 right near 220, so not to far from the state line.

Yeah I don't often see state troopers on this section of 91 but once you hit MA and springfield they are all over.

Yeah....

Yeah....

My folks live on the last street before you hit Enfield CT....it was kinda fun growing up. Always something new there....there is a sex shop (Bookends), a Tattoo parlor (The Edge), a head shop (Vibrations) a McDonalds and two bars with a Package store across the street....I think they have everything covered in the span of two blocks! LOL!!

New britain has a trio of new chargers. They're at my building all the time busting up college parties going on upstairs. Next time they come I'll try to snap some pics. They look really futuristic with their black grilles and wheels then the star spangled paint scheme.

They do that pretty often. I once passed a very common speed trap area on 290E. There was a white Mazda6 with flashers and very dark tint sitting under a bridge, and two or three cruisers hiding behind the bridge. Very stealthy.

290E? Where abouts? I have never seen cops on that side of the road, only on the westbound side, usually in one of two places...

I can't remember exactly, but it is one of the bridges on 290E in Shrewsbury or Northbridge, before it hits 495. When I worked in Milford during college, I would take this route very often from Worcester (290E/495S) around 4:30pm and would see cops there all the time.

Granted that was two years ago ..... how times fly ....

Speaking of the westbound side, the very first time I got a speeding warning (March '05) was by a cop sitting in the breakdown lane on 290W in Northboro on my way home from work (10:45pm).

I live in Colchester, sharing a town qith State Troop K. They're freakin ALL OVER Route 2. Then a gain, they have to be; Route 2 is full of douche bags:nonono:

we have all kinda of unmarked cars around here...i find them easy to spot as they're all blacked out and the lights are visible in the front grille and rear window area.

only ones that can be difficult are the minivans some of the DT's use.

My folks live on the last street before you hit Enfield CT....it was kinda fun growing up. Always something new there....there is a sex shop (Bookends), a Tattoo parlor (The Edge), a head shop (Vibrations) a McDonalds and two bars with a Package store across the street....I think they have everything covered in the span of two blocks! LOL!!

Enfields a nice town but kinda boring. really nothing to do. It has a movie theater and half a mall haha!!! What else is there to say right? :laugh:

Back