• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Blower motor works on LOW only.

93rev2sev

CEG'er
I have a 95 Contour and the blower motor works...but only on LOW.

Is this the resistor or what?

Blower only on low

Blower only on low

When the resistor pack gives up the ghost, the blower motor always works on high, and maybe other speeds.

It doesn't sound like a resistor pack, so you might check the fan switch or its associated wiring.

If you need to replace the fan switch, to get the knob off, turn it to high then it will come off very easily.

Good luck

yes check the switch, when I lost some of my fan settings i found out the switch/connector started to burn up on my 95 mystique ...

I had the exact same problem and was determined to fix it before I drove from Lancaster, PA to Atlanta, GA to move this summer.

Junkyard charged me $5 for a blower motor went under the passenger side dash in 5seconds installed and working.

pull a tab or 2 up on the carpet unplug the motor rotate to remove.

I just done mine....same problem, got a new blower switch and when changing it, I found the plug that connects to the back of the blower switch was melted to the point of almost a fire!!! Seems this has been a well know issue with these cars.

I just done mine....same problem, got a new blower switch and when changing it, I found the plug that connects to the back of the blower switch was melted to the point of almost a fire!!! Seems this has been a well know issue with these cars.

Well enough that Ford extended the warranty on this repair to 10yr/150K, which, of course, has completely expired for all these cars.

If you need parts, tell the dealer to look up Owner Notification Program 01M07.

Steve

Same problem with mine...blower switch/connector melted. $13 for the switch from Ford and $22 for the connector. I made my own connector. It's easy to get to. Just pull off the plastic panel surrounding the radio and HVAC, remove the two screws that hold the HVAC controls on and you are there.

Back