• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3.0 turbo...

Korfu

Veteran CEG'er
So we were working on a buddy's car and one of the vortex memebers should up in order to lend a hand and brough out his track car.

Anyways its a 2.8l VR6 ported out to 3.0l turbo and running a 125 shot of nitrous all on custom internals. Theres nothing stock in the engine bay, anything that wasnt needed is gone. Only motor and turbo, the way it should be. He just got it dyno'd last week at 497HP dont remember the TQ. Anyways aside from the body kit (just not my taste) and trunk spoiler its a sick car. Mind you the body kit is a one off and cost the guy $3000 "It was all designed to keep as much down force of the wheels. I still spin the wheels bad in 1st and 2nd."

On to the pix (cell phone sorry)
2223088285_cfe1ec8918.jpg

2223088155_12b0a9bf70.jpg

2223881660_fb16db50fc_b.jpg

2223087909_4a4371e615_b.jpg

Ive seen the guy tooling around and always made fun of the car cause of the kit but now that ive seen the engine, seen it up close, and saw the dyno graph i respect it alot.

Hes on his 3rd tranny in 3 months just put a 50-50 quaf in.

Ahh yes. Yet another person with more money then common sence. I would hope you explained to the guy that down force is reletive to speed and that the car is not going fast enough in 1st and 2nd to give it. At those speeds, the only advantage that hidious body kit is giving him is extra weight.

No matter how much hp it is making, it is a down right FUGLY car.

Looks like the clear coat is a little faded?

Yeah its a CF hood it was rather cold out this morning and that faded area is just condensation. It wipes right off and looks fine.

No engine pics :cry:

Yeah sorry i was going to but then i forgot before he closed the hood again. I am sure i will be seeing alot more of him. Super nice guy and knows alot about Veee Dubs.

Ahh yes. Yet another person with more money then common sence. I would hope you explained to the guy that down force is reletive to speed and that the car is not going fast enough in 1st and 2nd to give it. At those speeds, the only advantage that hidious body kit is giving him is extra weight.

No matter how much hp it is making, it is a down right FUGLY car.

What he said was in referance to him not having the additional downforce when in 1st and second. :rolleyes:

His statement show the wheelspin used to be worse before the kit.

Nice looking car. Too bad it just wasn't awd.

Tell me about it.. 3rd and in to 4th is STILL a problem for me.

He can drop the kit, have a respectable looking car and STILL be fast. He doesn't need to absolutely god-awful kit to make it any better. All that work, all that custom internals, and he ruins it with something that SCREAMS "hey, look at me".

:nonono:

At least the front lip and spoiler are functional and not fast&furious style. The diffuser should be replaced, but hey it ain't our car.

Everyone miss the comment about being a track car? Im sure at speed on the track it serves its purpose.

Back