• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

they pulled it out of the ditch by the rim :mad: so one of them is now bad.
Should sue them for that rim, they are discontinued now... What do you suppose a brand new one is worth? :laugh:

I would've been yelling: "Hey that's a limited edition SVT E1 wheel! You can't even buy those anymore!" Don't mention that they are cheap used though... :)

Should sue them for that rim, they are discontinued now... What do you suppose a brand new one is worth? :laugh:

I would've been yelling: "Hey that's a limited edition SVT E1 wheel! You can't even buy those anymore!" Don't mention that they are cheap used though... :)

:laugh: I would have been yelling at the guy to hook it up to the subframe or a control arm or something.

my starter went out in the VW today :( we pushed it into the garage before i had to work and tommorrow morning, before the big snow, i get to replace it! yipee! not.

oh, and my folks are coming up for the weekend. they are planning on leaving sunday lol and from the weather outlook, it looks like sunday will be a bad day for travel! good thing they are taking the scubaroo

my starter went out in the VW today :( we pushed it into the garage before i had to work and tommorrow morning, before the big snow, i get to replace it! yipee! not.

oh, and my folks are coming up for the weekend. they are planning on leaving sunday lol and from the weather outlook, it looks like sunday will be a bad day for travel! good thing they are taking the scubaroo

yeah, they keep saying we are going to get a good 10" or so......where have I heard that one before?

got the starter in yesterday. now withthe high winds, it is REALLY tempting to hit up the lake and see the waves :) the big snow is still on its way, and my folks are getting ready to head to the twin cities!

got the starter in yesterday. now withthe high winds, it is REALLY tempting to hit up the lake and see the waves :) the big snow is still on its way, and my folks are getting ready to head to the twin cities!

lucky them! It sure is starting to snow good here.

they made it about 15 minutes otu of town, and turned around. it was a completel white out. at that same time, i made a trip to CUB and we were going to go down by the lake. that didnt happen. i had the smallest plow in duluth (with my 3 inches of clearance :) ) the VW went right through it.

when my folks were on their way back, they lost the drivers side wiper. they drove the couple miles more back with just the passenger side.

later my dad and i went for a drive around town (gotta love awd!) and got new wipers and ventured down by the lake. there were amazing waves. it was awesome!

hope the rest of you in the northland are staying safe :D

Stupid snowblower didn't start up today, even though it started right up a couple weeks ago. I am guessing it is just too cold or something....figures. Get a huge pile of snow and then -15 degree weather and I have to shovel the car out....and go to work. :nonono:

If it makes you feel any better It took me fifteen minutes to get my doors open this morning :laugh:

We drove up past Forest lake last night and back and it wasn't toooo bad. Not the greatest, but traffic on 35 was still going 55-60mph for the most part.

If it makes you feel any better It took me fifteen minutes to get my doors open this morning :laugh:

We drove up past Forest lake last night and back and it wasn't toooo bad. Not the greatest, but traffic on 35 was still going 55-60mph for the most part.

I thought I heard you guys got rain.

Stupid snowblower didn't start up today, even though it started right up a couple weeks ago. I am guessing it is just too cold or something....figures. Get a huge pile of snow and then -15 degree weather and I have to shovel the car out....and go to work. :nonono:

sucks to be you. our snowblower is the :censored::censored::censored::censored:. i love electric start and a snowblower that could shoot a child 50 ft

nice conclusion. i remember finding out that Nitto NT555's were not a good winter tire and i almost hit a telephone pole. it was may, put the summer wheels on, it snowed, i almost died.

These aren't horrible horrible. Just limited traction trying to get up the hill my house is on when I am at a stop....and the abs kicks in a good amount. Me thinks I might get some snow tires soon.

Ask MNstuckinMI how awesome summer tires are in the winter.

Back