• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

QUOTE=elraido;412315]
100_0708.jpg

100_0675.jpg
[/QUOTE]

recognize?
DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

I have no idea where that is. :shrug: :laugh:

thats how far up the shore i went today. my buddies stayed here last night to go skiing at lutsen. i opted not to go (no idea why) and am regretting it now. i guess it was really good skiing. oh well, next year.

GO AWAY SNOW!

Last edited:
ive been looking at them, im leaning more towards a VW right now though. the 2.0 aba motor will run forever, plus they get 35mpg. i have my eye on a white jetta that already has had the suspension rebuilt and all the maintinece done. we'll see if it is still around when the ricer sells

and the stench!

oh, i got a pic for you, hold on a sec!

No smell if you don't keep butts in the ashtray. That's the secret.

And elraido, if you someone has cigarette burns in the leather, they need to bone up on how to smoke.

No smell if you don't keep butts in the ashtray. That's the secret.

And elraido, if you someone has cigarette burns in the leather, they need to bone up on how to smoke.

No, there still is a smell. My dad smokes with the windows down and so does a freind of mine and they flick it out of the car when done, and both of their cars still have a smokers oder to them. It is no where near as bad as if they kept the windows down of butts in the ashtray, but it is still there.

I don't recall ever seeing burns in leather before, so maybe it isn't hot enough long enough to really burn int.

ive been looking at them, im leaning more towards a VW right now though. the 2.0 aba motor will run forever, plus they get 35mpg. i have my eye on a white jetta that already has had the suspension rebuilt and all the maintinece done. we'll see if it is still around when the ricer sells

WRX? They are getting down to the $5-8K area

tempting.

should i put the stock wheels back on the fiero fo the time being? they do have quite a bit more tread :)

There is a clean looking T-Red CSVT for sale on car soup. Magnaflow exhaust, KKM Intake, another set of snow tires. He is asking $4200 OBO.

There is a clean looking T-Red CSVT for sale on car soup. Magnaflow exhaust, KKM Intake, another set of snow tires. He is asking $4200 OBO.

but premium is SO expensive!

maybe i should just sell the ricer and drive the fiero for the summer. get something after im married

and they flick it out of the car when done
:nonono::nonono::nonono:
My biggest pet peeve.

Premium isn't that expensive. If you figure regular at 3.20/gallon whats another 15 cents per gallon :)

I even thought about putting premium in the Cougar today for fun... Ended up with 89 though :laugh:

:nonono::nonono::nonono:
My biggest pet peeve.

Premium isn't that expensive. If you figure regular at 3.20/gallon whats another 15 cents per gallon :)

I even thought about putting premium in the Cougar today for fun... Ended up with 89 though :laugh:

yeah, but its still 15 cents more a gallon!

there are 2 jettas on CL right now i am interested in. aftert work tommorrow i'll pull the axle in the ricer so i can replace it and sell it

just glad i have my fiero as a back up! (weird saying i have a 21 year old car as a back up)

One of the girls who works in my building drives one of those. Decent looking little cars. Not too sure about performance or handling though as I haven't seen numbers for them. Price is nice and low but still high for that year.

Have you looked at Volvo at all?

Last edited:
One of the girls who works in my building drives one of those. Decent looking little cars. Not too sure about performance or handling though as I haven't seen numbers for them. Price is nice and low but still high for that year.

Have you looked at Volvo at all?

ive been doing lots of reseach on them, and with the 2.0 the motors are pretty much bulletproof. they do handle very nice from what i have read also, and when i drove one that was lowered like this before i bought the honda, it handled very nice. Im not too concerned with acceleration. for going fast, i'll hope in the fiero. i like the gas milage though. hyw they get mid 30's and around town tey get upper 20's to low 30's. i know some of the guys get near 40 on the interstate.

i know the price is on the hugh side, but if i am interested in the purchase after driving, hopefully i can talk him down some. 17's really are too big so if he has the stockers, i'll be looking to sell the 17's and get some 16's. they look more proportional to the car.

I've thought lots about volvos, but i am looking at the gas milage as a big factor right now, and they just dont cut it for what i want. im ready for a small car. the honda is just too big :)

Back