• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

s2knott silly guy

They probably ARE driving the same way I do, then.

nice and easy.. smirking at every honda-boy that revs when you are at a light. smiling when they take off from a light as fast as they can just to "show you" what they could have done.

and outright laughing at the fact that you know you could have shredded their car in half before they got to 2nd gear.. IF.. you wanted to.

nice and easy.. smirking at every honda-boy that revs when you are at a light. smiling when they take off from a light as fast as they can just to "show you" what they could have done.

and outright laughing at the fact that you know you could have shredded their car in half before they got to 2nd gear.. IF.. you wanted to.

i think they're just close to dying and want to use the buttload of money, that oddly, old people always seem to have.

i love doing that. having the ricer rev his car next to me at the light. then i shake my head. when the light turns green they take off and i start off as normal and wait for a cop to pick him up as he flys down the road. i always laugh.

today i had some dumb kid reeving his motor behind me and i just drove even slower off stop signs. he he

I'm sorry i just had to
425761_15_full.jpg

Apparently not? You'd never think it. I even made a poll once.. "How old do you think I am".

among the responses were "55?"

"mid 40's" and "meh.. older than most people on here".

Maybe its because I don't argue, gripe, or whine when something about life is unfair, and am normally the one to rein in the folks who are causing trouble.

And yes.. almost 27.

I seem to get that alot to Ray! After my recent promotion at work My age has come into question & my survey turned up mid 30's to 40's. Turns out I'm the youngest person in my entire department. Most of my guys have kids older than me. I think we are actually the same age, but Contour2gq doesn't think so!

I don't understand what the greatness is behind street racing. When I had a POS Hyundai...I drove it like an idiot and thought it was a race car (I was also 16).

Now that I have a fairly nice CSVT to drive around in, I don't rag on it all that much. Occasionally I'll open the throttle up...but that's it. I know it isn't fast...but it's faster than a wide variety of cars around my area. Though I don't have to race someone to prove anything to them.

If they want to drive erratically in an effort to pass me while I do the highway speed limit...then let them. They're just going to get a shocking wake up call one day when they wreck their car and kill any occupants in their car or the car they collide with.

Is that a little cold to say? Maybe...but it's the only way they'll learn.

If they want to drive erratically in an effort to pass me while I do the highway speed limit...then let them. They're just going to get a shocking wake up call one day when they wreck their car and kill any occupants in their car or the car they collide with.

Is that a little cold to say? Maybe...but it's the only way they'll learn.

Or pray like crazy they will wake up one day and realize what they are doing is really really dumb.

I wish it were that easy, but we all know it'll never happen. They'll need to have a life-changing experience to break them of the habit.:nonono:

IDK but it's a long one that was pretty pointless, aside from the fact that IMO street racing is the dumbest thing ever, if you really want to race me then you can find the time and money to meet me at a track. Now I may not have an SVT like everyone else, hell, my secondaries are still not working, but I still enjoy my cars ability to take corners and accelerate up to speed quickly to avoid those people who don't seem to know what a brake pedal is, does that mean I'm gonna go out and street race? Of course not, I like living too much, and I like it when I'm not potentially harming myself or anyone else. What's the draw to street racing anyway? There's usually traffic in the way, it's always straight, and if you do encounter corners you can't even use the entire road making it very restrictive, plus there's always big brother watching you waiting to collect some of your money. Do it if you want, but don't come around here doing it, 'cause if you hurt my friends or family like the idiots running from the police who nearly head on'd my mom (they missed and ended up in the river haha), soon after you'll find the barrel of an XD .45 in your mouth and a very unhappy man standing behind it.

Haha waiting to be given to you! If you PM me your addy though I could definitely pack it up and ship it off to you, though my car needs a good wash and wax now that I drive to ESU twice a week. Stupid highway.

as i said earlyer in this tread, ricers rev there motors behind me all the time and i dont drive any faster. well tonight it happend again only he was squeeling his tires and he got picked up and i just laughed :)

What's the draw to street racing anyway?
Well, from a purely historic standpoint, street racing has been around for at least six if not seven (almost eight) decades. It's just that back in the early days, there weren't too many cars on the road like there are these days. My first ex father in law used to have to go out to a "nearby" dry lake bed, near where Edwards AFB is today, to race back in the 40's - 50's. That's quite a putt from the Los Angeles area just to do a little racing but there really weren't all that many drag strips around yet. Of course street racing has been glorified in songs and movies from the 50's on up to today and that has helped keep it in everyone's mind. There must be some fundamental part of the human DNA to cause us to want to compete and some people do it scholastically and some do it physically.
Karl

Back