• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

ive been doing lots of reseach on them, and with the 2.0 the motors are pretty much bulletproof. they do handle very nice from what i have read also, and when i drove one that was lowered like this before i bought the honda, it handled very nice. Im not too concerned with acceleration. for going fast, i'll hope in the fiero. i like the gas milage though. hyw they get mid 30's and around town tey get upper 20's to low 30's. i know some of the guys get near 40 on the interstate.

i know the price is on the hugh side, but if i am interested in the purchase after driving, hopefully i can talk him down some. 17's really are too big so if he has the stockers, i'll be looking to sell the 17's and get some 16's. they look more proportional to the car.

I've thought lots about volvos, but i am looking at the gas milage as a big factor right now, and they just dont cut it for what i want. im ready for a small car. the honda is just too big :)

I have a set of 16's that I wouldn't mind selling :crazy: .

Mmmmm..Golffff... I absolutely love Golfs. A guy came in to work looking for a car for his mother the other day, and he had Audi rims on his black TDI golf... It was pure secks. :drool::drool::drool::drool:

are the wheels a 4x100 bolt pattern?

the audi wheels are a common thing. the VW motor group has some great looking wheels. heck, i run VW wheels :laugh:

elraido, did you get that vid i sent you?

are the wheels a 4x100 bolt pattern?

the audi wheels are a common thing. the VW motor group has some great looking wheels. heck, i run VW wheels :laugh:

elraido, did you get that vid i sent you?

yeah, but I haven't watched it yet. I am at work. Anything I shouldn't watch while I am here? :laugh:

The rims I had on my SE, so whatever that bolt pattern is.

yeah, but I haven't watched it yet. I am at work. Anything I shouldn't watch while I am here? :laugh:

The rims I had on my SE, so whatever that bolt pattern is.

those arent 4x100 :(.

the video is from streetfire, a similar video to the ones ive done. safe for work if you are allowed to watch those kind of things. or just wait till you get home :)

Mmmmm..Golffff... I absolutely love Golfs. A guy came in to work looking for a car for his mother the other day, and he had Audi rims on his black TDI golf... It was pure secks. :drool::drool::drool::drool:

A diesel POS Golf that looks like a tissue box with a snout. You certainly have part of your stand up act perfected, Clayton. :laugh:

look what I found yesterday

IMG_0258.jpg

look what I found yesterday

IMG_0258.jpg

Saw two out at my dads on sunday. Our dog was on the other side of the house and didn't even see them. So I got him inside before he chased them down. Went out to look at where they were and their tracks, and one took off right away and the other one just looked at me a while. Then the wind was blowing at my back so she smelled me and took off as well. Then there was a roughed grouse sitting there. And the weird thing was, that there were seagulls yelling. The river near my dads was starting to open up but that is 1/4 mile a way.

This was only about a mile from my house on the walking paths (riding my bicycle w00t) so I'm sure they are more used to human interaction. It didn't seem too worried as long as I didn't get any closer, it never got up anyways. I was probably about 20 yards from it while taking pictures.

This was only about a mile from my house on the walking paths (riding my bicycle w00t) so I'm sure they are more used to human interaction. It didn't seem too worried as long as I didn't get any closer, it never got up anyways. I was probably about 20 yards from it while taking pictures.

The one that saw me right away was a good 50 yards away and bolted before I even saw it. The second one was a little slower. Got about 40 yards from it, then it ran and stopped to look at me from about 60 yards. The grouse on the other hand was dumb as a rock.....:laugh:

The dog misses two 130 lbs animals in the yard but he saw the chipmunk.....and was almost able to make up 40 yards on it to catch it before it hit a tree. I sware, everyone says they have never seen a dog run as fast as our dog. When a 100 lbs dog can keep up with a whipit, it is a sight to behold. :crazy:

The dog misses two 130 lbs animals in the yard but he saw the chipmunk.....and was almost able to make up 40 yards on it to catch it before it hit a tree. I sware, everyone says they have never seen a dog run as fast as our dog. When a 100 lbs dog can keep up with a whipit, it is a sight to behold. :crazy:
What kind of dog do you have? My GF wants to get a dog pretty badly, I think I'd like either a German Wirehair Pointer or a German Shorthair Pointer :cool:

100_0435.jpg

This idiot :laugh: We figure he is Black Lab and Great Dane. He is about 5'5" when he stands on he is rear legs.

yep, towards 2 harbors.

it looks SO nice out! good thing i have today off, and have stuff to do outside! im just waiting till something clears off my mempry card, then it is outside to wash the cars, swap radios in the ricer (factory going back in), take pics of both cars, one for selling purposes, the other for enjoyment :laugh: . i hope you guys are going outside and enjoying the day!

hmm, maybe i'll hit up 210 near jay cooke state park also :)

We are most likly headed to Duluth today to pick up some things while it is nice out. Supposed to get snow again later this week. DOH!

Back