• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What is this pulley??

beedalahi

CEG'er
huh.jpg

what is this part called circled in red????

i searched and searched all morning and can't figure it out!

ROTFL. Nothing to do with ownage or whatever. I just remembered there was a thread on PS pump sometime ago about leaks and what nots. Did a quick search and found it.

Oh and yes, searching is a good thing.

HAHAHA!!! dam!! forgot about that!!

that was when i replaced the crank pulley!!

dam tony!!!!!!!!! hahaha!

so anyway what is that black little box that is directly next to power steering pump and under the UIM/LIM ?? is that the PCV air breather box??
( fyi - i researched the old post i did too)

no it's not in any of those pics.

i should have taken a pic when i did my UIM/LIM clean!

it's about 3" x 4" give or take with a 1" nozzle sticking out of it. just black.

so anyway what is that black little box that is directly next to power steering pump and under the UIM/LIM ?? is that the PCV air breather box??
( fyi - i researched the old post i did too)

are you referring to the black box that is located directly under the LIM, inbetween the heads, the passenger side motor mount and a hose from the water pump? It should have a black hose on it that leads to the PCV valve.

You can just see part of it in these two pictures...
P1010111.jpg

P1010106Paint2.jpg

compliments of eepals

yea that part! can see half of it at the top of the 2nd pic.

what is it??

my oil leak is coming from behind that piece.

my oil leak is coming from behind that piece.
Good luck changing that gasket. One of the heads has to be removed for it to fit between the heads. With the UIM and LIM off you might be able to sneak the gasket back under while holding the breather up with a magnet.

Bad head gaskets sealing can also allow the oil you are seeing, to be the source of your leak.

Good luck changing that gasket. One of the heads has to be removed for it to fit between the heads.

hmm... I guess I should replace that gasket as well while I have my heads off. I didn't know about that gasket before I ordered my parts, I'll have to go ahead and get one. Thanks for that info.

Back