• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID kit $205 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way i saw a very nice 04ish Volvo tonight. It musta had HIDs. They were pure blue. I know not many people on here like the more blue ones but considering blue is my favorite color.... Anyways i do have another question.. If i wanna get HIDs for low beams AND high beams i would have to get 4 of them and i would have to get four ballasts right?:confused:

By the way i saw a very nice 04ish Volvo tonight. It musta had HIDs. They were pure blue. I know not many people on here like the more blue ones but considering blue is my favorite color.... Anyways i do have another question.. If i wanna get HIDs for low beams AND high beams i would have to get 4 of them and i would have to get four ballasts right?:confused:

Just remember that the blue headlights are almost useless in the rain.

As Chris pointed out when I asked him about HID highs.... that won't work well... as you don't typically run your highs for very long, and it takes a while for the HID's to get to full brightness. You'd be better off with instant on halagon highs.

As Chris pointed out when I asked him about HID highs.... that won't work well... as you don't typically run your highs for very long, and it takes a while for the HID's to get to full brightness. You'd be better off with instant on halagon highs.

Ditto. I say it takes about 15-20 secs for HIDs to properly warm up. Just stick w/ halogen highs for the quick response.

volvo's have bi-xenon headlights

some of them, not mine (not in this continent). Bleh, I want to custom retrofit projectors, but as you know this light switch is ****ed up TGO.

just wondreing, I just paid for an HID kit today 4 a.m. june 9th central time, how long will it be before I get my kit? Thanks!

just wondreing, I just paid for an HID kit today 4 a.m. june 9th central time, how long will it be before I get my kit? Thanks!
Oh, probably 23:30 GMT on June 18th. :laugh: Package tracking? If you didn't get it from the shipper, you'll just have to sit tight until it arrives. :idea:
Karl

Yeah turns out I wont be geting my kit for about two weeks if i'm lucky becuase of corse they are out of the 8k that I want to run...:mad:

Got mine installed tonight (6000k)... :drool: And i will never drive without'em again!
i have the brightest, purest white bulbs available in my fogs and they look friggen YELLOW next to my HID's :mad:.... time to save up for the HID fog group buy!

oh just a side note, i just got back from drivin around testin out the HID's and when i click over to my brights. the HID's stay on with my brights... not sure if they did this before, i thought the lowbeams clicked off and the highbeams took over, unlike when u just pull the brights lever back, you get both high/lowbeams.... :confused:

oh just a side note, i just got back from drivin around testin out the HID's and when i click over to my brights. the HID's stay on with my brights... not sure if they did this before, i thought the lowbeams clicked off and the highbeams took over, unlike when u just pull the brights lever back, you get both high/lowbeams.... :confused:

Nope, not on our Tours, not sure why tho...:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back