• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

KKM True-Rev Sport Induction

Lt_hailBob

Veteran CEG'er
I've had a KKM True-Rev Sport Induction kit on my '98 Contour SVT for about 2 months and for Christmas I recieved a Scangauge II. I have come to the realization that this intake may not realistically doing anything but adding noise and POSSIBLY draining power. If I drive for about 15 minutes at interstate speeds (65-70mph) the intake air temperature is consistantly 15-20 degrees higher than the outside air temperature. I swapped back the original intake and is was lower by 5-10 degrees consistantly than with the tru-rev.
Thats not even the big thing. If I'm driving through town and have to sit at a light for a minte or two. The intake temp has reached as high as 107 degrees while the outside temperature is in the 30's.
I recently relocated the battery so that I can run an intake pipe down through the engine bay and place a scoop underneath the car to function as a true cold air intake. I'm hoping that the intake temperature will be consistent with the external temperature.
I was wondering if anybody else had any thoughts about the KKM True-Rev Sport Induction. I will let everyone know how the intake I'm building works out. I would imagine it would even cost less using the universal MAF adapter and parts from spectre.

That's the disadvantage of any short-ram intake. Most on here will build a heatshield or buy one of Pudmonkie's heatshields from the few GB's that he's had...

thats the problem w/all warm air intake setup's,such as the ceg famous kn ru3550. get the new NPG setup that just came out. its a TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE.
if you want since you relocated your battery you can use probe gt/mx6 ls cai setup from ebay. you need to add a couple of vac. nipples to the intake elbow to make it work,but it puts the filter down by the lower splash shield in front of the tranny. i keep meaning to take pics and do a write up...one of these days i guess:shrug:

I haven't seen the NPG intake but I can imagine that it only replaces the filter box and does not relocate the location external air enters the car. I was planning on cutting out a section of the lip that hangs down underneath my front bumper and putting a wide scoop there. My only question is though, There is a MAF adapter plug, but what is the smaller electrical plug that connects to the stock intake tubing just above the throttle body? (not the vacuum lines) Do you all think a 3 inch intake tube is plenty?

Last edited:
well,you imagined wrong LT.bob...
LIM%20Mod%20041.jpg

well my SVT also has a KKM, not sure about intake temps but I did add the Pud headshield. when I next have the xcal2 handy or my hand scanner with the car I will do some logging with and without the sheild for intake temp.

well my SVT also has a KKM, not sure about intake temps but I did add the Pud headshield. when I next have the xcal2 handy or my hand scanner with the car I will do some logging with and without the sheild for intake temp.
get right on that asap! :laugh:

NPGs Intake is Awesome! Just saw it and I want it sooooo BAD!

Great Job NPG keep it up. I actually have me and another person gonig to buy the CAI soon!

- amyn

Lst night the outside temperature was in the 40's and my intake reached 123 degrees at a stop light.

wow that is really warm for a cold air system it was 60 degrees outside and it was 64 degrees in the pipe for my data but I am also using the rubber OEM which is excellent for insulating the heat too.. joey

my kkm intake has never reached a high temp out of ordinary and works great. i wonder what the difference is........

get right on that asap! :laugh:

ok I plan to drive my SVT this weekend. I'll try to get temps without the heat shield but it was alittle bit of a pain to install so I am not sure I will have the spare time to take it out and data log. Besides I think it would be better to start with the car completely cold with and without the heat shield to see how long it take to get up to temp as well as what the max temp gets to.

I have a KKM and love it, I was going to switch to the Nautilus intake but I may keep Vader how it is after April

Back