• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

headers

chinaski

CEG'er
im thinkin about pickin up a set of MSDS headers from nautilus performance. curious to know if anyone here in cali has a set of headers and has passed smog with them. i heard that our headers are a bit hard to see and this can help when trying to pass the visual part.

There was some discussion on the old cali forums. I was looking into it and it seems that they should pass as long as you get through the visual. If you're just getting headers, why not go direct to msds?

im more worried about the visual part than anything else about these headers. i also never thought to look at the MSDS website about the headers, ill check it out

most people wont be able to notice the headers, my headers are SS so I just need to put on the bottom guard and the plastic duretec valve cover thing and I dont believe they will be able to see anything unless they crawl under my car. I know of alot of people who have passed smog in CA with headers and even with a 49 states legal cat.

I passed with my 3.0 and headers, but you can see the front header, if your tech is knowledgable, he'll see the missing cat. So you will need to find a shop that's less intense about the visual part. When it's time for a smog check, make sure you car is running hot as well.

Back