• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cities are getting hammered

Sinmastah

CEG'er
Oh wow this isn't fun. We got a little above freezing south of the cities, so some snow melted and froze on the roads. Then we get hit with snow. Snow with ice under it is an accedent waiting to happen. We had 4 people run over curbs in our parking lot where I work, it was insanity. Talking to customers I found out that one person flipped a car on a highway and landed in a ditch, as well as more people in ditches. So be careful out there, drive slow no matter where because you never know where ice is and isn't. I should have wished for snow tires from santa:nonono:

Tell me about it. Its terrible up here. Same thing happened up here. Snow rain ice SNOW!! Its still snowing here. We got about six inches so far.:nonono:

The only nice thing about it is that I get to plow through it with my new Blizzaks.:laugh:

sinmastah - you had pretty much the exact same post in another forum, we know its cold don't worry, thats what winter brings.

It was really bad yesterday. It took us 2 hours to get from Stillwater to Rochester when it normally takes half that time. We were doing 30mph most of the way because 52 was a white out!

Not to mention getting on 494 from 94 I was hardly hitting the gas and the traction control kept kicking in. Even tapping the gas once on the highway the traction control would go off. Hopefully tonight will be better when we leave for Stillwater.

I know what you mean, I was on the 94 and 694 side . On the ramp down to white bear ave, I managed to slide right down the ramp and across the red light. being the master I am, I missed any cars.

All this talk about ice and snow.. I am just glad my A/C is working here in FL... It was 80 today.. :crazy:

But don't hate me too much... a change of seasons would be nice...
Happy Holidays to all of who had a White Christmas..

All this talk about ice and snow.. I am just glad my A/C is working here in FL... It was 80 today.. :crazy:

But don't hate me too much... a change of seasons would be nice...
Happy Holidays to all of who had a White Christmas..

Screw you buddy....hahaha.

I don't know what you're talking about, snow is just a good time :cool: I even took the danger ranger out and was sliding around. Still a good time, I love me some snow.

Hey now.. I was born and raised in MI.
I miss the snow.. and winter in general...
but sometimes I am glad I live where I do.
I don't envy you guys dealing with the icy roads and all that.

For God Sakes... be careful out there !!!!

I don't want to read about any more banged up Tours... or worse yet... Banged up CEG'ers...

I love the snow :laugh:

81f57ade.jpg

8a2fded7.jpg

Pssh weak ;)

I've been driving in this crap for the last couple days to get to all my xmas parties. It hasn't been so bad. Going ice fishing next weekend up to red lake and lake of the woods, did you get any snow way up there elraido?

you mean the 3 foot snow drifts. Yeah....there is snow. :laugh: At my dads yesterday (in the sticks), there is a good 2 feet of it.

Gotcha, have you seen many cars out on the lake yet? We're bringing the wheeler but I'm sure you guys have a lot of ice.

It isn't as think as it should be right now. The recent snow fall as insulated the lakes a little bit so the ice isn't forming as fast as it should. It is good enough for a wheeler on most lakes though.

It isn't as think as it should be right now. The recent snow fall as insulated the lakes a little bit so the ice isn't forming as fast as it should. It is good enough for a wheeler on most lakes though.

That's what I've been hearing around here too. Didn't know if you guys had more or not.

Back