• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Change your cabin air filter!!!

its certainly something I think gets overlooked by most people.

yeah i'm sure halff the onwners, or even ford techs did not even know they had a cabin filter in them. only reason I knew is cause we had a 95 Mystique a few years ago, and thats when I 1st knew these cars had a cabin filter!!

dang I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I didnt even know my car had one of these!!

I'll be checking it out tomorrow.

that is exactly the way mine looked when i changed it. My G/F's sneezing fits went away after i changed it too :).

wow i removed mine the other day and its just as black as my svt is! i will be changing it out this week, but i never use the a/c anyways. just looking at the thing made me want to gag. out with the old...in with the new.

Joe

wow i removed mine the other day and its just as black as my svt is! i will be changing it out this week, but i never use the a/c anyways. just looking at the thing made me want to gag. out with the old...in with the new.

Joe

it's just not for the AC, as long as ur using the vents I think?

I changed mine last summer,after I ran the air for the 1st time,{got car in feb. 2008} and the car suddenly smelled like a damp musky basement. Small wonder...my filter had moss growing on it. :shocked:

As I had no idea when mine was last changed, so I decided to install a new one.

It looks like it had never been replaced! :nonono: It even had some mold on it.

6qbef76.jpg

and I was breathing the air passing through that filter. :eek:

ok that does it, mine is coming out. My lungs probably look no different.

wow that one was really dirty. i just did mine today, dont know if the previous owner ever changed it, but it wasnt that dirty.

A few years ago airflow was going through defrost vents instead of the panel, etc. Thought it was electrical at first, but after a little searching here, discovered the cabin filter. Replaced with new and all was well. My old one looked like the picture...was plugged so bad that virtually no air came through the vents. I'm sure it was original. This thread is a good reminder to change it again!

pulled mine out, i've still gotta get a new one, but everyone knows what they look like. WHITE.

this is probably the stock one too, there's tiny rocks and grains in it as well.
0032.jpg

pulled mine out, i've still gotta get a new one, but everyone knows what they look like. WHITE.

this is probably the stock one too, there's tiny rocks and grains in it as well.
0032.jpg

lol unlike most of us, u can wait for some time before u get a new 1 lol, since ur car is not drivable yet

whoa!! i changed the cabin filter on my black CSVT and i know its the dirtiest on here period!! its blacker than FLAVOR FLAVE.......:eek::laugh:
IMG00068-20090806-1850.jpg

Back