• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

odd ebay find

That's not far from me at all. Less than a sitcom away. And I was just in that area today too.

I wonder if I can do some secret spying stuff and find him.

i mean thats not the size of a csvt engine compartment is it? mine certainly isnt that small. so its a cougar, wotever. i still say theres sumthn fishy about this. my question remains... why tune a car that doesnt have a final look?

The cougar is the same size.

Josh, truth be told, I think it's the engine bay from an XR7 errr wait wait, it's from the turbo Capri XR2 I saw today in the bone yard.

am sorry ppl. my computer compressed the picture. it looked more vertical than horizontal, thats y i thot it was different. and then the lack of coolant reservoir and IMRC box n cable didnt help either. ma bad. dont tell me they were actually thinking of giving that thing to us like that. no side skirts, single exhaust. thank goodness! anyone have an idea of wot they did to squeeze out the extra 70'odd horses? Juice?

Some people just don't get sarcasm i guess.

All these frickin conspiracy theories are retarded.....

easy josh, no one said anything about conspiracy theories. we're just tryn to make sense of a vehicle that doesnt conform to the norm we're all used to thats all. which reminds me, i gatta ship ur restrictors back to ya :)

I'm willing to bet that the side skirts were removed so they can get the jacks under the car easier and quicker during pit stops for the tire changes.

easy josh, no one said anything about conspiracy theories.

Is it at all possbile he is lieing about the vin???

:shrug:

I understand that there's a lot of unexplained things on this car, but how many Contour owners have swapped on mystique reflectors and tails? Maybe the guy just liked em better and decided to put them on.

Car also has pre-98 sail panels FYI

I'm willing to bet that the side skirts were removed so they can get the jacks under the car easier and quicker during pit stops for the tire changes.

ding ding ding

My track car's panels are being setup for quick/easy removal for this very purpost

:shrug:

I understand that there's a lot of unexplained things on this car, but how many Contour owners have swapped on mystique reflectors and tails? Maybe the guy just liked em better and decided to put them on.

Car also has pre-98 sail panels FYI

You might be right. I'm presuming the car came with Mystique tails as in the SVT video, and he picked up the trunk to match? But then again, why not just buy the tails to match? :shrug:

Back