• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Merry ******* Christmas

They are basically telling me that if it is over $2500 to fix it then it is totalled. They need to go up on the value. I'm going to gather all the reciepts from last years build up & go throw them on someones desk. I've got more than that in the engine/trans.
I think he offered me something in the low 3K range totalled, it wasn't even worth remembering.

And what insurance company do you have? :nonono:

At first they said I could by it back for around $500, then they said I couldn't have it back.

BTW I have allstate insurance, at the moment. As soon as this crap is over I'm switching!

At first they said I could by it back for around $500, then they said I couldn't have it back.

BTW I have allstate insurance, at the moment. As soon as this crap is over I'm switching!

Just start mentioning stuff about a lawyer and see how fast they change their minds. Better for them to give you a little more for the car then shell out more on a lawyer.

Awsome man, and hey worst case strip it down then when they come to get it be like I dunno what happened:shrug:

What title, the one from the silver csvt that I dont have? I can get it from Max if you need me too man, I hope!

If you need help stripping it let me know. I stripped that silvers guts in like 45 mins.

What title, the one from the silver csvt that I dont have? I can get it from Max if you need me too man, I hope!

If you need help stripping it let me know. I stripped that silvers guts in like 45 mins.

I thought you had it, That was one of my reasons for picking it up. If you can get it then thats fine if not I'll do a little vin # swap from the other parts car, no biggie!

Its ok I'm screwed either way. & Its not really frauddepending on how you look at it, & which part.

For all those wondering I'm pretty sure its totalled so I'm planning on stripping it down, since my aftermarket parts didn't add any value to It I'm sure they wont miss them.
as for the vin # remark I'm joking everything is probably going into my wifes SVT & I'll just have to buy her a new car, no biggie.
Thats seriously what my plan is. I just hate to see it go, I'm getting an outside party involved though as a last resort before its totalled, & they take it.

They are basically telling me that if it is over $2500 to fix it then it is totalled. They need to go up on the value. I'm going to gather all the reciepts from last years build up & go throw them on someones desk.

Go down & throw your nutz on their desk & tell 'em to get their numbers straight ! It's a shame if it gets totalled for such a low number . Hell , my mom got more than 3k for her 98 Mystique with 100k+ on the clock ...

Your carefully maintained, high dollar hobby car = someone else’s ragged out eight year old grocery getter - at least to your insurance company.

There are ways to avoid this when setting up your policy, but generally not if the car is your daily driver.

I usually only carry liability on anything I own that’s more than four years old because of this. It’s just not worth it. Insurance for me is to avoid catastrophic losses only.

Hey OB1, your car is not that damaged. My daughter recently rear-ended a truck with her Mystique (much worse damage) and I ended up replacing the radiator, header panel and welding in a new core support. The radiator and core support were new, the header (and lights) were a salvage part. Total cost under $300 plus a full day of my time. I left the dented hood as is (Mean Dad…not).

I thought you had it, That was one of my reasons for picking it up. If you can get it then thats fine if not I'll do a little vin # swap from the other parts car, no biggie!

I will work on getting it this week for you man.

Pics

Insurance company will be out on Monday to look at it. Doesn't look bad the only thing I'm worried about is the roof. I can't see any buckles but that sunroof popped up for some reason.
We will see what they give me but Its getting fixed no matter.
This is not what I needed right now!

That happened on mine, someone hit something low and deployed the airbags, the sunroof pops open when the air bags go off and you have it shut... the rapid expansion of air being compressed in the capin escapes in the weakest point it can push out of, which usually is your sunroof...

That happened on mine, someone hit something low and deployed the airbags, the sunroof pops open when the air bags go off and you have it shut... the rapid expansion of air being compressed in the capin escapes in the weakest point it can push out of, which usually is your sunroof...

What did you have to do to fix it?

Back