• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Merry ******* Christmas

I'm not parting it out & if I do I'll pour everything into another tour, I have plenty. I was just saying that I'd sell worldtour that busted headlight if he really wanted it? :shrug:

I'm in the contour business for quite a while fellas, unless I win the lottery!

Last edited:
What did you have to do to fix it?

We took the glass out and then got the tracks back in place and even so they weren't offset anymore then put the glass back in one we tested that tracks were moving properly.

Oh and I didn't get to say this in my 1st post, sorry to see this happened to your car man! At least you got the SOB that did it! Like someone said before, fry it up and eat it, show them SOB's

Pics from when I got my car

Pics from when I got my car

So Lower subframe was bend up in the the headers and pushed the whole engine back, required a pull.
100_0182%20(Medium).JPG

Pull Shop
100_0128%20(Medium).JPG

Airbags Deployed
100_0158%20(Medium).JPG

The guy loading the car at the car auction, ran my roof into the back of the truck he was loading it onto.... yet another thing that had to be fixed.... It was bought at a salvage auction by the guy we eventually bought it from.
100_0211%20(Medium).JPG

For working on the sunroof, this is a picture looking from the back seat to the front seat, there are like 3 screws at the front of the sun roof that come out to slide that plastic piece back...
100_0018%20(Medium).JPG

Then on each side once you slide that back you should be able to see the screws that release the sunroof and will allow you to remove it.
100_0159%20(Medium).JPG

For the record they totalled it & I bought it back I'll be fixing it w/ no cash so it might take a while. :nonono:

Its fixed, I just have to fix the speedo needle & the sunroof. I drove her home today & I've missed this car, been driving a stock SVT & its very different. Front windshield replacement in these cars is a PITA, but its got a new to me windshield in & while I was trying to take pics it started raining so I know it doesn't leak. :) I still need a pass side Headlight, I patched up the drivers side one. So overlook my 1 hazy HL!

100_2271.jpg

100_2274.jpg

I think this is the first pic of the wifes car since the wheels, thanks Steeda!
Both cars are nasty, detailing & photoshoot soon to come.

wetsand and fuff the headlight..good to go. she just doesnt looks the same w/o that hood. but good job fixing it
icon_thumb.gif

Last edited:
If your car have an after market body and hood, and when you're in an accident. Does the insurance give you the money to fix it or only money to get stock parts?

i go through state farm. i collected all the receipts i had from upgrades in the car. they took pictures of everything that was listed on the receipts. so now if anything gets wrecked(knock on wood), im covered

i go through state farm. i collected all the receipts i had from upgrades in the car. they took pictures of everything that was listed on the receipts. so now if anything gets wrecked(knock on wood), im covered

Holy old thread revival....

How much more does that cost you then now that you've added that to your insurance?

Back