• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Merry ******* Christmas

You're OK, right?
:cry: I'm sad to see your car like that.
Hopefully everything will work out with the insurance co. and that pretty T-Red will be back on the road shortly.

Thanks for all the offers guys but I have 2 parts cars & a new CEGer stepped in to offer another that I'm going to pick up. its stripped to bare bones but the glass & radiator support is still there. I have all the parts I need I'm just waiting for the ins company to come through & help me out w/ the paint.
I'm not being ungrateful guys but I wouldn't take parts when I have them so thanks for all the offers.
Its nice to be a part of such a great community.
I am fine other than I think I broke my thumb but I haven't been to the doc yet. I had my thumbs in the steering wheel & when the airbag cover flipped around it got my left one. No biggie just can't open packs of ketchup for the kids.

no ketchup FTMFL:nonono: just kidding ob1 Man the cell pics you sent me didnt do any justice. At least you killed the sob. I have hit 2 deer in my days and neither damn one was around when I got stopped or I would have beaten them! Let me know if you need any extra hands bro I'd love to help

I really wanted to start on it this weekend but I cant touch it until the insurance co gets their hands on it. I'm hoping that the whole thing gets painted as well, but the waiting is the hardest part.

Been there, looks repairable!

Been there, looks repairable!

something ALWAYS happens to your car RIGHT after you fill up on gas...
Happened when I hit a deer last July.

Your radiator support crossframe isn't too far off, mine was bent way worse in the corner and straightened, see My Full Pull I hit deer at highway speed 55-60-ish, heard but did not feel the impact. No airbags, maybe because the hit was the left front, not centered on the grille and airbag sensors. I left the fur stuck in my headlight:blackeye: for the insurance adjuster, who totaled my 98 Mystique LS, but so far I came out ahead with their payout.

Last edited:
yeah, you definately don't want to touch anything or even pick off the deer hair. The adjuster will need to see some evidence of a deer.

As for getting things fixed that the adjuster doesn't catch, the body shop of your choice will have to submit an ammendment to the ins co. It usually goes through without problems though.

If the ins co doesn't pay for a complete repaint, that doesn't mean that the body shop can't do it. It would just have to come out of your pocket which will be filled with the money they just gave you.

I think it still happens but it this isn't supposed to. You can take your car to any body shop or frame shop of your liking. However, the insurance companies do have what they called preferred body shops. It's usually a place that pays a certain amount to be on their network and they have to have a frame machine and other things. Some places will tell you or make it seem like you have to go to one of these places and that is illegal.

I'm sure you know this stuff already because of your deer count but I'll say it anyway for others that may not know it.

wow that's rough.
Amazing how much damage a deer causes. :shocked:

Yeah, it really isn't fun.

But that was one of my favorite cars. :(

Your radiator support doesn't look too bad though. Mine was pushed all the way back to the battery and almost to the engine block. Pulled it back fine. Still a little crooked, but good. Then again my bags didn't go off either....hit right above them and slid up.

Last edited:
I have a MNB driver airbag if they can't one. Have a pass. side bag too. Good luck. Doesn't look good with the sunroof like that.

Pic of the core support.

100_2088.jpg

Last edited:
Just a little update, They came out & tried to total it. I'm fighting it with all I've got but My luck is not improving at all lately.

damn...dont let them do that..find out what the absolute max. they'll give you before they total it,and settle for like a dollar under that:shrug:

how much would they give for it totalled?

They are basically telling me that if it is over $2500 to fix it then it is totalled. They need to go up on the value. I'm going to gather all the reciepts from last years build up & go throw them on someones desk. I've got more than that in the engine/trans.
I think he offered me something in the low 3K range totalled, it wasn't even worth remembering.

Back