• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Some keeps stealing my stuff.

Ok, so the original fabric bombed on me and found every dimple in the stock foam. So I decided to use something less revealing and heavier. Well, I got home and figured I'd just apply the adhesive to the already set initial black layer. Then I tried to apply the new choice of fabric. No dice. It pissed me off, so I ripped the first failure off to try and apply the new stuff to the foam. Well, the adhesive I'm using apparently did it's job so well...it ripped off foam spots. ****. Now I had to do something about that. Thankfully I remembered the one fabric place I went to was going out of business and has about 3.5 yards of "Headliner Foam" left. So, I had to buy the entire 3.5 yards because that particular section requires a minimum of 5 yards or the entire bolt of fabric. It was $9.99 a yard, but they were liquidating everything (including lighting fixtures) so I got it at 85% off. So I got off as much of the stock foam as best as I could, and applied the new stuff. Unfortunately I ran out of glue so I only got the foam liner on.

Now that you've read that novel, here's the new foam.

newlayer.jpg

And here's the new material I picked (I wanted it to be "different").

titz.jpg

were these your original intentions with your old car?

Haha, I'm guessing you don't like this.

I don't like the grey color that it normally is, so I figured I'd match it to the A/B/C pillars in color and try to aim for a leathery look.

no i'm just wondering, since you seem to be going all out.

i always thought it was rather cheap looking that the headliner didn't match the rest of the interior. i don't know that i would have chosen leather, but i never liked the grey.

I had big plans for the black one, but it got ripped out of my hands before I could do anything. Believe it or not, the car will probably be getting upgraded rear brakes this summer and a 3L at some point.

You're getting a lot done Glenn. :cool:

See ya Friday.

:)

Fine, see ya tomorrow. :D
**runs to turn off the cell phone** LMAO!! j/k

Last edited:
It probably could, but why bother if you can get seats for $20. ;)

Oh, and the material i chose to put on the headliner...WHAT A GOD DAMN *****! It took atleast two hours of pissing and moaning to get it pretty decent.:mad:

It probably could, but why bother if you can get seats for $20. ;)

Oh, and the material i chose to put on the headliner...WHAT A GOD DAMN *****! It took atleast two hours of pissing and moaning to get it pretty decent.:mad:

Isn't that how it always is with these Contours?...;)

Anyone know how to reinforce the headliner structure? I think it might be too heavy and cave in at the middle. :blackeye:

All right, I trimmed the foam down, and cut the excess material off, but I left enough on the edges to fold it over and glue on the back side to make sure it doesn't peel off from the edge.

I'm going to try and get the visors and tray done Wednesday.

Hopefully I'll have it back together before I roll out Friday morning for Carlisle. :help:

I tried a different spray adhesive for the tray on the sun roof...this **** is wicked. The mist from the spray that got on my arm hair is tacky as ****. :blackeye:

Back