• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2008 Saturn Astra

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
I'll wait for the F/I Redline version. I like the M3s better.

08astra_jm_008-2210.jpg

http://www.canadiandriver.com/galleries/2008/index.php?level=album&id=1&page=1

You want ugly in that catagory? Versa? I think the Redline has potential. The radio is whack in the Astra as well as the battery. Base at 130hp. Yesh.
Versa-Hatch-2005-02.jpg

Ugly, couldn't make that car nice.

Compare that to the new focus.

The Astra is going to WRECK focus sales, since Ford doesn't offer that car in hatch form anymore, which is STUPID.

I am interested in the Astra myself, even the base 1.8L motor puts down 140 horses, which isnt bad at all. If a redline comes out this probably will be the first car I buy new :D

ehh its like 138hp 125 tq

Quarter mile in 16.83 at 84 mph.

If a redline came out it would be in the 240 hp range. like the VXR Astra over seas...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QhS6FKeP1s

It is ugly. It will be a flop.

The new focus will flop too. Not because of the astra but because it has stupid gills on the side.

I wouldnt be so sure... GM has never really offered a good hatchback car... The Astra actually finally fills that slot, and since the Focus isnt offered as a hatch anymore, people who want an american Hatchback are going to be forced to head over the Astra, and I THINK when people actually look at it, they will like it.

It has potential, and since the saturn Aura has done so well, I expect the same from the Astra, considering it looks like a mini Aura.

Last edited:
about that car that looks like a nissan versa. it just seemed to me that u guys were drooling over this thing. i guess its just my opinion, but i wouldnt give that car be it redline or blueline version one full look.

the 4 door model has some minor resemblances, but the 2 door model (which could eventually become a redline, looks much better. I probably would get a 2 door.

08-saturn-astra-013-600.jpg

Possible redline?
Vauxhall_Astra_VXR-L.jpg

I agree, the 3 door astra looks A LOT better than the focus.

08astra_jm_004-2214.jpg

800px-08-Ford-Focus-Coupe-DC.jpg

There's just no comparison.

P.S. I think this was the picture you were looking for:
1026-03.jpg

Vauxhall Astra VXR

Man i just think it needs a front spoiler to look more balanced. Sorta like our splitter. I think its gonna sell better than the focus

Man i just think it needs a front spoiler to look more balanced. Sorta like our splitter. I think its gonna sell better than the focus
Even though I dont like the looks, I am going to hold the same opinion. The new focus is just one big fail. I think its disgusting that they let this happen.

Even though I dont like the looks, I am going to hold the same opinion. The new focus is just one big fail. I think its disgusting that they let this happen.

i know ford doesnt have nitwits working there, so its gatta be intentional to put out a hideous version of a car thats kept them in business over the years. why else would they do sumthn so apparently stupid?

So the Redline edition of their small car will have 35 more horsepower than the Redline edition of their larger car?

Why are you questioning me? I was going based upon the models they sell in europe...

What redline version are you refering too? the Ion? The astra is replacing the Ion last I knew...

Back