• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fiberglass Eyelids

cool, I'll head over there on Friday (sorry, it's my only day off) and try and grab one. I wish I saw this earlier since I pulled a motor out of a 98 SVT last week...Would have grabbed the headlight, it was crushed literally 2 minutes after I got the motor out lol

I really hope we get this eyelid thing nailed out. I'd very much be down to pitch in on this. I've got some other paint work that must be done on the car anyway. This would be a perfect time to take care of painting some lids too.

yeah....the motor and it's parts are all for sale lol....don't want to take this thread off topic, but if you want to see what's for sale it's in the Eastern Canada FS thread. There are about 15 contours there, but that was the only SVT, it was all complete with the exception of the front end (drivers side mainly destroyed) the Apiller back was perfect until they dropped 3 cars on it...then they took them off the next day because I wanted the motor...the motor came out of the car on the forklift and it then carried it to the crusher.

Hopefully the headlights are still in the 98+'s...I know there are a bunch of pre 98's (mystiques and contours)

I really hope we get this eyelid thing nailed out. I'd very much be down to pitch in on this. I've got some other paint work that must be done on the car anyway. This would be a perfect time to take care of painting some lids too.

I can't wait :cool: My friend keeps asking when I'm gonna get my Mirko painted and put on. I hope these get knocked out soon so I can get it on at the same time :laugh:

thanks Hamill.... if you see a 98+ with its housings gimme a ring if you still have my number.

I might just have you snag them both and the condition is not important other than having the front cover all intact and nice.. if they are cloudy, yellowed or anything thats fine.

I still have your cell unless it's changed. I'll give you a call Friday and let you know what I've found. There are about 8 wreckers within about 30 minutes of my house, so finding most stuff usually isn't insanely difficult.

also, are the mystique 98+ the same?

Out of curiousity, anyone try cutting one for another vehicle to see if it fits?

You can pick up one from me at SZ.

Or i can give you two when we get back...I've got a bunch of headlights....wish i would have seen this earlier. Sooner or later you'll figure out that when you need something local you call me.... *caugh* e-brake *caugh*

Or i can give you two when we get back...I've got a bunch of headlights....wish i would have seen this earlier. Sooner or later you'll figure out that when you need something local you call me.... *caugh* e-brake *caugh*

Josh! I need some headlights for a project. Only real requirements are I need the mounting tabs and aimers to work. Are you "giving" them away? :D

God bless your souls for contributing some headlights!!!! Hip, Hip, Horay!!!! :laugh:

Why not send them in a set of headlight covers? Like the blackouts and they could use those for a guide and they even have tabs that stick up under the hood to hold them on. I have a set somewhere if it will work out just LMK

went to the wreckers....they had ones that looked like new but wanted $100 CAD for them...They also had a broken one for $20 but it was cracked and a piece was missing from the top (where they would need to make the mould). There was lot's of pre 98's though. It seemes like all the 98+ were front impacts or fender hits.

Back