• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2008 Saturn Astra

Because history has shown that it's probably a wise thing to do.

wow, you definately touch yourself at night.

Read the facts, the Astra VXR over seas makes 240, Since the Astra today is like what the contour was back when it was new and the powertrains were exactly the same, im going to say its possible that the Astra will do the same.

Contour SVT motor = ST200 motor in terms of power.

Thats what I am going on. You still didnt answer my question, what car were you referring too?

pot_calls_kettle_black.bmp

Read the facts, the Astra VXR over seas makes 240, Since the Astra today is like what the contour was back when it was new and the powertrains were exactly the same, im going to say its possible that the Astra will do the same.

Contour SVT motor = ST200 motor in terms of power.

Thats what I am going on. You still didnt answer my question, what car were you referring too?

STOP POSTING!!!!!!

Mark

This is all part of the transition from Saturn as we know it to Opel. This is the Vauxhaul/Opel Astra. Same car, re badged for over here. As for PurpleMystique, if a Redline version were to come out yes it would be in the 240 to 260hp range. It is rumoured to use the same Turbocharged Direct Injection powerplant used in the Solstice GXP and Sky Redline (albeit adapted to be fitted transversely) and that is now featured in the Cobalt SS. Since it's already being used in the Cobalt SS, to fit to the Astra wouldn't be a far cry.

This is all part of the transition from Saturn as we know it to Opel. This is the Vauxhaul/Opel Astra. Same car, re badged for over here. As for PurpleMystique, if a Redline version were to come out yes it would be in the 240 to 260hp range. It is rumoured to use the same Turbocharged Direct Injection powerplant used in the Solstice GXP and Sky Redline (albeit adapted to be fitted transversely) and that is now featured in the Cobalt SS. Since it's already being used in the Cobalt SS, to fit to the Astra wouldn't be a far cry.

While they're at it they should give the Astra the same dashboard...:blackeye:

Maybe I'm missing the point here. It is the same dashboard, and I really don't have a problem with the design. Simplistic and intuitive, had nor problems with the controls in it.

It sure as hell isn't the same I/P, cluster, or center stack.

2007_cobalt_ss_int.gif

This is as close to the current 08 MY center stack shot I could get. The new radio controls in GM vehicles is far better than anything from Ford/Chrysler.

It appears that in the case of the Astra you are truly getting an imported car, that does not share the same interior bits as its US built counterparts.

Makes sense. Cool. AliasJerk tends to be wrong about every single thing he posts about so I figured it was worth questioning him.

It sure as hell isn't the same I/P, cluster, or center stack.

2007_cobalt_ss_int.gif

This is as close to the current 08 MY center stack shot I could get. The new radio controls in GM vehicles is far better than anything from Ford/Chrysler.

It appears that in the case of the Astra you are truly getting an imported car, that does not share the same interior bits as its US built counterparts.

That's what I Meant, the Astra really shares almost everything with it's European counterpart. Kudos to GM for realizing that we want what they have overseas! I'd post the media pics for the interior of the Astra but GM tends to get pissy about that. Just check out www.media.gm.com and then go to photography, you no longer need to be accredited for access (which sucks, I used to have access to something others did not lol)

Back