• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Im a good son :)

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
Well lookie what we have here, I am making a rogeresque kind of post.

Yup it was another detail day here in sagnasty Michigan, it was a beautiful day and I took advantage of it. Since my mom is gone in Denver till late saturday night I decided to do her mother's day a wee bit early, so when she comes home she is pleasently surprised with her car looking so shiney its hard to look at (thanks zaino :) )

So lets start off with what she looked like before... My mom only takes it through drive through car washes, what a shame the poor GP never gets anything but high powered water, every car needs a little lovein' even if it is a GM ;)
102_0646.jpg

102_0647.jpg

102_0648.jpg

OH THE HUMANITY ITS SOOOO DIRTTTYYY!!

we must be fixing that now shall we?
102_0649.jpg

MMMMMM nice spread if I do say so for myself ^.^

After Zaino Clay bar, 3 different coats of zaino, wash.
102_0650.jpg

102_0651.jpg

102_0652.jpg

At this point you would think I would be done... NOPE! INTERIOR TIME!!!
102_0655.jpg

102_0657.jpg

102_0654.jpg

And the finnishing touch of all great details jobs
102_0653.jpg

New Car scent

All of this and a Card for my mother on her special day :)

Edit: After taking the pics I noticed one or two spots I missed, off I go to clean them :)

Nice... My mom never parts w/ her car long enough for me to detail it for her... plus she works at a dealership so she has it detailed once a week.. hahha... Looks good though!!

ooo! I almost forgot!

Cant forget the powerhose under the hood :)
102_0660.jpg

Yes, I did detail this too, it was a STY in there!

and I cant leave this out, although I didnt have to clean it, its my favorite part of the car, this should be a safety feature on all cars or something...
102_0658.jpg

TIRE DRESSING!

Dont worrrrrry Roger, my mom doesnt come home till sunday, Tire dressing goes on saturday evening after another quick wish and spray detailer, make it look 100%

I have been driving it lately, so it got a wee bit dirty in the 100 miles I put on it.

Dont worrrrrry Roger, my mom doesnt come home till sunday, Tire dressing goes on saturday evening after another quick wish and spray detailer, make it look 100%

I have been driving it lately, so it got a wee bit dirty in the 100 miles I put on it.

Bad son.....:laugh:

Jared, don't get used to all that power now:laugh: and when you apply the tire dressing, spray something up in the wheelwells too, nice finishing touch. I used to use spray tire foam for that. If you actually do this, wipe the car down with quick detailer afterwards to get off the little bit of overspray you may or may not get on the car. Once your done check out how good that looks and make sure you show your Mom that, most people don't even notice that I do that and they have to be shown.

BTW, tell your Mom Happy Mothers Day:cool:

Lots of people say "how cheap of you!". Not me, because moms value how long it takes to do a good clean of their car!
I love cleaning the upholstery and throwing the armor-all on the dash the most, just because it makes the biggest difference.
Good job, man!

Back