• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What sub is for me?

ya okay.....

Im sure in your lil' own world that you call home you think your all that....

let me see you hook up a small 100 watt ppi to a 10" and then to a 15" and youll see which one is more "effecient".....

I mean just look at how ridiculous your post is....come jumping in dude's post about "what sub is best for me?"....then change the subject about sensitivity and and effeciency and crap.....tryin to shut someone down....ha, please dude...go back to your lil benchtest at 2.83v.....effecient lol.....

Last edited:
ya okay.....

Im sure in your lil' own world that you call home you think your all that....

Let me confirm it. I am, without question, "All that". I'm one of the more humble, dynamic, and all around spectacular human beings to ever walk the face of the earth

I'm sure in your little world where physical laws play second fiddle to gross misunderstanding and misconceptions on your part, you are still NOT all that.

Last edited:
Why bother? you obviously don't have the desire to learn the awe inspiring wisdom I put in print.

you guys are rediculous with your arguing .............keep it up its amusing:laugh:

you guys are rediculous with your arguing .............keep it up its amusing:laugh:

I don't know about him, but you are right I am ridiculously great. I'm glad you bring up how :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing funny I am, as well. It's one of many greatest strengths, in my humble opinion, of course.

Last edited:
I don't know about him, but you are right I am ridiculously great. I'm glad you bring up how :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing funny I am, as well. It's one of many greatest strengths, in my humble opinion, of course.

i didnt say you were funny. i said amusing there is a difference

Ummmm, ........wow,...what to say here?

I was gonna say that I have Lavell's same Infinty Kappa Perfect 12" powered by an old school MTX Thunder amp, that's not putting out anywhere near 300 wrms, and I think it still thumps pretty good, but I will admit I am getting older, and tend to think differently about car audio than I used to.

Not trying to jump into the technical aspects of the arguments goins on, as I know that there are several on here much more knowlegable about car audio than I, (among them being "pope, steeda, carpe and others). But to the OP, Ben, a 10" sub give a nice, all around "bass" sound when given any decent amount of power in a quality enclosure, more than enough to let both you and others know that you have something other than stock.

Myself, I began with a 10" sub, but decided the seats muffled the sound a bit. So I quickly swapped to a Rockford 12" (It was free, haters, so quiet down :laugh: ). It sounded better, but I'm kinda picky, so for one Christmas, my wonderful wife got me the aforementioned Infinity 12. I've had MTX's, rockfords, Pioneers, Lanzars, JL's, and Infinity subs in various vehicles over the years. (Sorry about the Lanzars, they were free and went in the wife's truck. :eek: ) While some sounded better than others, none sounded bad. So, to answer your original question, I would think that any quality sub, in 10" or 12" diameters, when powered by a quality amp, will provide you with what you are looking for.

Ok, gentlemen, back to your corners and come out fighting. :laugh:

Steeda, knowledgeable? hahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaha

Sorry. Carry on.

Only the Honkeytonk Monkey is truly wise in the ways of the CEG audio forums.

Last edited:
thread_direction.gif

SO...to get back on track...I got my hands on an amp...thanks doug...and it is a Kenwood KAC-8103D mono amp with 1000 watts and 300 RMS power. NOW, which 8 or 10 inch sub is good for me...

I was thinking of getting one Kenwood KFC-W2511
what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Should of done the 9103D... 500W x 1 @ 4 ohm, 900W x 1 @ 2 ohm, and 900W+ x1 @ 1 ohm....
Ratings at 14.4v....

Just finished up my install for the time being tonight, freaking went to put the digital Cap in, charged up to 9.9 volts then wouldn't go up any higher, pulled the power and the cap pretty much discharged in 30 seconds... freaking bad cap right out of the packaging, just got the 1 farad non digital for now... When the digital comes in it will be replacing the current :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:... I'll have the post the install and pics sometime this week...

I wasn't sure as to what ohms he was going to wire his sub. Based on the amplifier he got, the subs I recommended will be able to handle a 4-ohm load with 300W RMS coming from the amplifier.

In my opinion, 4-ohms is the balanced wire setup between performance and stability for subwoofers. This is the setup I have in my car's sound system.

Should of done the 9103D... 500W x 1 @ 4 ohm, 900W x 1 @ 2 ohm, and 900W+ x1 @ 1 ohm....
Ratings at 14.4v....

Last edited:
SO...to get back on track...I got my hands on an amp...thanks doug...and it is a Kenwood KAC-8103D mono amp with 1000 watts and 300 RMS power. NOW, which 8 or 10 inch sub is good for me...

I was thinking of getting one Kenwood KFC-W2511
what do you guys think?

A DD 510 will sound good on that amount of power. I had 2 1008a's on ~750WRMS, and they got loud, but still sounded great. IMHO, they even look better than most woofers mentioned. http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=500

you must have forgot the part where i dont want to spend too much money.

QUESTION: will the sub i posted up work fine with that amp? that is all, i'm not really concerned with what you think is better...just...Will it work alright and sound fine...

Thanks

honestly ben that amp doesnt make that much power and the rear seats are gonna muffle most of the bass
i dont think your gonna be happy with it

Back