• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

08 Hyundai Genesis

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
Yep. Still coming up with good product...:shocked:

Concept Genesis is powered by a newly developed dohc 32-valve 4.6-liter V-8 — officially named Tau — which Hyundai says will make “well over 300 bhp,” along with more than 300 lb.-ft. of torque; a ZF 6-speed automatic with Shiftronic manual ability should help the Genesis scoot to 60 mph in under 6.0 seconds, the company says: A limited-slip rear differential (not a standard feature on most cars in this class) and the car's 53/47 front/rear weight distribution indicate that Hyundai just might understand the needs of high-performance drivers. Standard Electronic Stability Control (ESC) is there in case those drivers overstep their (or the car's) limits, while driver-selectable suspension settings should allow for comfortable around-town cruising, with sportier dynamics when the going gets twisty.

Neat features include adaptive cruise control, eight airbags, heated/cooled seats, HID headlamps with adaptive leveling and a navigation system with a backup camera. As with every Hyundai, one of the key selling points will be its bargain price. In this case, that means a starting price “well under $30,000.”

46200713748.jpg

040620070036260412.JPG

Got 7 series?
040620070036267953.JPG

looks a lot like the Camry...

..however its a lot hotter, and with a 4.6L V8 with a 6 speed auto that thing will SCREAM, im gaining excitement for this car.

Been singing the warranty & reliability for some years now. This looks like a very nice package and rear wheel drive. With proper meats on it instead of those skinny rear tires, the 0-60 time should improve nicely.

Again a copy of the Camry in design, with Infiniti I30 cues, but done so much better. I love it. Let's see some pics of the interior.

But who is going to buy it? Mustang/Camaro guys won't. Not enough power for Vette lovers.

No but i think its enough for everyone else. Thats one heck of a bargain and very good competition for the all the automakers out there. I'm waiting for the production model before i get too excited about it though. Hopefully it will look as good as the concept

Who would buy that? If it gets decent gas milage ALOT of people will buy that. Looks sharp, its got some balls, and some nice luxury features, and under 30k? If it turns out to be what they are saying, you would be retarded not to consider this when shopping for a new car...

This is just like what happened when the current Sonata came out. Remember the old joke "so-not-a good car"? Yeah well make that joke now and you look like a retard. Hyundai has come so far in the last decade I think they have more than surpassed the US automakers. The Sonata I test drove was every bit as good to drive as the last Accord I drove. I found it superior to the Fusion in almost every way and the price was right too.

What's happening here is Hyundai is doing things right. Thye make good cars now, thier dealerships are filled with helpful people, they offer fair pricing and they are proving to be reliable vehicles.

If the upcoming RWD Tiburon uses this 4.6L and keeps in line with the improvements the rest of thier cars have gotten, the Mustang may have some serious competition in it's class. 350Z capability in a car costing almost 10K less would probably garner some interest throughout the industry.

yeah, how dare they come out with well designed and wonderfully engineered cars for an affordable price, backed by a fantastic warranty. freaking koreans :rolleyes:

they have gotten there act together and are making very high quality cars. notice they are no longer as cheap as they used to be? thats because they know what there doing now. so much so that they are now being compared side by side to Lexus cars and beating them sometimes.

Last edited:
I had to search for a while to find interior pics. If these spy shots are correct, that's a pretty unflattering interior for such a nice car. :(
http://www.leftlanenews.com/hyundai-genesis.html

The circles on the steering wheel are pretty interesting, though. Looks like there's a BMW iDrive-esque system too.

The interior looks pretty upscale to me:shrug: Maybe not Lexus class but still pretty good

Back