• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I hate my life right now...

That's Great!

That's Great!

I didn't wanna be asking you if you needed a hug.

Hope it goes well and be sure to keep us posted!

I didn't wanna be asking you if you needed a hug.

Hope it goes well and be sure to keep us posted!

I've got all of the parts and some new tools to augment/replace the ones that are buried under tons'o'stuff in the garage.

However, I can not see those goddamn nuts/bolts to save my life right now. Getting too damn dark. Took me a while to get the tie rod end off due to forgetting to get a mallet...once I got the mallet it was off in a few whacks.

But I still can't see the goddamn bolts.

Can I kill the person that hid them?

I hope the weather is decent tomorrow, I need to try when I can see better.

After 7, the sun dips behind the trees in my neighborhood and it gets dark fast.

Get a flash light. Too me, getting the electrical connectors off is harder than the bolts because the tight space and having to push the thing in to pull the thing off. Alternator is so easy. Man, if it wasn't for having to deal with any problems (say 'new' alternator takes a dump) I'd do this stuff on the side all day long. At our shop we would charge close to $500 parts and labor for an alternator. $275 would make me more than happy.

What a ***** that was.

A jumpstart to verify that everything is working correctly and I am back on the road.

Had some issues keeping it in the upper mount. A 6 inch extension is a prefect prop to hold it close to the right position while you get the upper bolt started. And damn, my hand DOES fit in there.

I remembered something. Whenever I have my alternator off, I have everything off the top off the engine making that top bolt easy as pie to get to. I imagine that's the one that aggravates everyone.

Man, you sure lucked out on the weather. It couldn't not have been nicer! Yeah, after replacing the alternator once myself I figured out that the top bolt is much easier to reach from above. I just have to get used to the concept of taking half the car apart to get at anything.

I replaced my transmission mounts on Saturday. The fender mount was a breeze, but the right-bank roll resistor was sure a pain. I had to pull it out via the driver's side wheel well. I have no idea how I would have done it if I had shorter arms! Not having the transmission sitting on the subframe sure helped the NVH though.

I wonder how Anastasia fared with her alternator?

Didn't end up doing it... replaced the control arm and tie rod.. and my problems only got worse from there.. so i figured I will just live with the alternator squeal until it NEEDS to be replaced...

The destruction...

wow012.jpg

Back