• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Custom CAI questions/facts?

96Mystique

CEG'er
I've been doin' some reading on here about custom CAIs for the Zetec engines. I need to know what is involved in making my own. I know there's a coupler needed, but I do not know what for, comes right after the MAF sensor, and just before the instake tube to the TB? Any input/suggestions would be appreciated.

MODS - Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I have searched, and I did see that thread. You still have yet to answer my actual question.

intake.jpg

What is the coupler, in the square box (thanks njk1), for? That's all I am needing to know. Thanks.

Thats just a coupler that holds the IAT senosor...i bought it at autozone for 10$?? i dont really remember the price... you dont need that exact thing you could use a rubber coupler and cut a hole for it or you could even drill into the intake itself for the IAT....

p.s i dont remember if its IAT or AIT but both initials work lol

It is IAT. :p I was thinking that is what it was for, but wasn't sure. I'll probably drill into the intake itself. I'll be doin' this on Saturday or Monday, depends on when the intake gets here. Does anyone know the diameter of the intake tubing?

All I was worried about was the eBay intake. I wanted to get some new couplers for it, an needed to know what size I needed.

All I was worried about was the eBay intake. I wanted to get some new couplers for it, an needed to know what size I needed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...ryZ38634QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Buy that, or something similar to that.

The only hose coupling you need is the one between the MAF and the aluminum pipe. The focus MAF is much smaller than the contour one, so the provided coupling isnt big enough, and it doesn't have a hole for the IAT sensor.

Back