• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Topshop hoods

Topshop hoods

Votes: 37 37.0%

Votes: 4 4.0%

Votes: 3 3.0%

Votes: 17 17.0%

Votes: 3 3.0%

Votes: 4 4.0%

Votes: 8 8.0%

Votes: 13 13.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the worst Idea ever. There is already an EVO hood out, build something new. something CLEAN, that FLOWS. the NACA duct option is the cleanest. Actually design number 1 sans a NACA duct would be the best...
agreed. a new option/design is prob. the best idea

Thats the worst Idea ever. There is already an EVO hood out, build something new. something CLEAN, that FLOWS. the NACA duct option is the cleanest. Actually design number 1 sans a NACA duct would be the best...
I thought the problem was that every attempt to get the EVO hood has failed and thats why everyone wanted one from topshop

even a cowl hood made to work for the supercharger kit would be cool hint hint
That would be nice. I'm all for the cowl, but since its already available, I guess the thing to do would be to get the naca style hood. Unless we do what you said and get one for the supercharger, but then we have to wait for that to be complete.

If we can not come to a conclusion about the hood I will make the one with the most interest.

If we can not come to a conclusion about the hood I will make the one with the most interest.

I think you should go towards the one with most interest which is the one with the COWL/NACA...

or both the COWL/NACA and the EVO Style HOOD!

Prices Will def bring out the people who want to buy!

I am still very interested in this!

- amyn

NACA/COWL HOOD IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like its the Winner anyways!

- amyn

Yep its settled. It looks like that's what everyone wants. When we get this one made then maybe we can see about an EVO style. Now all we need is a price quote and we can start an official group buy

Yep its settled. It looks like that's what everyone wants. When we get this one made then maybe we can see about an EVO style. Now all we need is a price quote and we can start an official group buy

I just have one request with this hood design...

We need to ensure that the opening for the duct is directly infront or above where the stock air box is located for the car so that we can actually use the duct for something. I wouldn't want to have a hood with the duct opening above the power distribution box or the strut tower...

So I guess the bigger question is: Is there plans for someone to identify the correct location for the duct??

im on it fellas :cool: ive got a spare hood and tomorrow im gonna figue out where the duct should go and basically make one from a stock hood.
then topshop can have it if they want. ill post pics

Last edited:
when you look at the skeleton for the hood you can see right were the intake is. topshop should be able to figure it out easily:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back