• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Photo Whoring

the T4 compressor is too big for a good power band. sure it will make more power than the T3 super 60 but my power band is longer. also like i have stated before i have already maxed out my stock cams. im sure with a set of aftermarket cams i would be closer to 230WHP.

Wow, what a bunch of f'n tools in this thread. Yeah lets bash the guy because he put together a budget turbo system... I dont see many zetec guys running turbo... (exception to striker and maybe a couple others). Sure some of the stuff is tacky and a tad bit inefficient, but f**k if your gonna talk s**t then at least be able to back it up, and I dont see any of these other slow ass peice of s**t zetecs doing anything special. I swear to god, for being a contour forum, alot of you people have your heads so far up your asses that its too dark to realize its a contour, not a lamborghini.

Props to the original poster for throwing together a very budget kit. And for doing something out of the norm.

Rant off/ this s**t really just pisses me off though!

Really?... You know what pisses me off? I'm sick of people reverting to "doesn't matter all of our cars are slow" or "all contours are slow". Every time someone posts about making thier car faster, some dick has to post "doesn't matter all contours are slow". Like they are waaaay above f**king ford contours, since they drive one themselves. Rawburt, why put a turbo on your slow contour? Since when does every car have to be a damn supercar to qualify as fast or even quick? This guy wants to rice up his contour... fine. But then posting repeatedly that he will beat any of us by "many car links". And "here in Nashville many car links is 15 links." Guess what I live in Nashville. Come get some car links! Sorry to piss you off any more Rawburt. :rolleyes:

Really?... You know what pisses me off? I'm sick of people reverting to "doesn't matter all of our cars are slow" or "all contours are slow". Every time someone posts about making thier car faster, some dick has to post "doesn't matter all contours are slow". Like they are waaaay above f**king ford contours, since they drive one themselves. Rawburt, why put a turbo on your slow contour? Since when does every car have to be a damn supercar to qualify as fast or even quick? This guy wants to rice up his contour... fine. But then posting repeatedly that he will beat any of us by "many car links". And "here in Nashville many car links is 15 links." Guess what I live in Nashville. Come get some car links! Sorry to piss you off any more Rawburt. :rolleyes:
An error in terminology is all. Tours (SVT's anyway) are relatively fast just not particularly quick. All FWD cars are cursed with low grip and lousy weight transfer for drag racing as a general rule. You want quick without a large outlay of cash, go RWD. :cool:
Karl

X1000000 billion times

I find it interesting that he attacks others for posting their opinion. When he himself in the last few years has torn up many and i mean many people about there cars. A huge contradiction within itself. He should be the last one making comments like this to anyone.

Guys, zetec2 will admit that his car isnt as pretty as he wants it to be. Had I know that he would have received this kind of respose, I never would have posed the pics as a friend. the only part that doesnt line up on the front end is the bumper, the hood does close properly and there is plenty of space underneath. its al lined up except for the bumper. The only reason he was saying that his car would beat all of yours is because he went into defense mode with all of the comments/bashing like most of us have and would.he (like most of us) is proud of his car and would like everyone to see that it's a work in progress.

X1000000 billion times

I find it interesting that he attacks others for posting their opinion. When he himself in the last few years has torn up many and i mean many people about there cars. A huge contradiction within itself. He should be the last one making comments like this to anyone.

some people just show appreciation for things by making fun of them

Take Steeda for example :D

WOW... Man.. this thread... Just WOW...:shrug:

It was fun while it lasted though.

Augi: Remember: This IS CEG:laugh:

yeah what happened? i thought that the guy took it admirably we were all kinda just jokin around he even was laughing at times i bet. everyone needs to lighten up a little its all in good fun. i respect the fact he got a turbo on and has it working...... i dont have mine yet. all cars posted are gonna get some kind of negative input get over it. hell i post Picks of a 50k contour for christ sakes and i get that kinda reaction as well WHO CARES:shrug:

Alright. I think I'm the only CEGer who hasn't put in their .02.. So here it goes. Love the Champaign car, (probably because I had the same color 95 GL and loved it). However, I tend to agree with alot of the good and bad comments on the gray car. I will gladly admit, I know nothing about turbo, other than it gives you more power. I like the fact that he is trying to give his Zetec some more go, but the work could be cleaned up a bit (and it sounds as though that is the plan). Hide the intercooler behind an SVT bumper would look a lot better, again, I believe I read that is in the plans (maybe not an SVT bumper, but to hide it). I would tend to agree that the large SVT decals need to go,
1. Because it's not an SVT
2. I just don't like large decals like that (however, I respect and live by the phrase "each to his own". If you like them keep them. I mean hey, I was toying with the idea of putting neon on my car, posted pics (knowing that I may get feed back that could pi$$ me off http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=18293). What did I get, mixed reviews, neon not happening...

So, I say keep up the work, and I'm sure once work on the gray car is completed it will look and perform great!

I think we should have a good old fashioned brawl to settle this.
Maybe even a Thunderdome.

Back