• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Falken 615's, your thoughts

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
I'm in need of your opinions of these tires everyone, especially if you have them right now. Please be VERY descriptive too, the more info the better, but be honest. The price of these tires is similar to the BFG KDW N/T's, so price isn't an issue, thanks.

Roger look into kuhmo's SPT.

Auto X was raging about them the other day. So i did my research. Honestly in all the reviews they scored an average of 4.5 out of 5.

Good handling grip and low road noise. That with 320 tread wear. Makes me feel good. Especially when i am only paying 90 dollars per tire:laugh:

Last edited:
If you're looking into the RT-615, then I'm guessing you're after a very good summer tire. The all-weather Kumho SPT is not even in the same category as the RT-615... there are two other Kumho tires that are better than the SPT, KH11 and MX. The MX is more similar, but the RT-615 is still better.

I love the RT-615's. I don't think it's quite as sticky as the previous RT-215, but they're still better than any other tire I've ever owned... and this includes expensive 160 treadwear rubber.

Here's a tire review (pdf) from grassrootsmotorsports. It's slightly dated, but is still relevant.
http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/images/samples/august_100_115_tiretest.pdf

The one things about the 615's is that like the 215's before them they can overheat...

They are great for AutoX'ing but for longer running they have a tendency to get to hot and lose grip.

I had the Hankook Venturs rs2 v212 or whatever.. close enough. They tend not to heat up as much but they also have a softer sidewall than the 615's.

If you're looking into the RT-615, then I'm guessing you're after a very good summer tire. The all-weather Kumho SPT is not even in the same category as the RT-615... there are two other Kumho tires that are better than the SPT, KH11 and MX. The MX is more similar, but the RT-615 is still better.

The SPT is not an all-season. It's pretty close to the 615 and MX. And, the MX sucks in the rain while the SPT is great.

The 615 is much better than the KDW. It's extremely crisp in transitions (not like the old 215, though), and has nice solid tread blocks. Breakaway is smooth so they're easy at the limit. Dry grip is very impressive. It's good in the rain, but not exceptional at all.

Check out the FAQ for details on other good tires.

Back