• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"coolest car award

wow, thats cool. but there were some pretty damn cool cars at my high school. one girl i knew drove a new Jag XJ.

you want to know cool high school car?? this 17 year old kid came by my pad last night to try some wheels on his car. he brought some friends. he is rolling a brand new 335 coupe! already on 19s but his are cheapos and he wants the good stuff :cool: his buddy, also 17, was driving an 07 CLK230(?).

then again, Nick Hogan has been driving a few 100000000hp supras and a few vipers for the last year so :shrug:

Yeah and look where it got him!!! IN A HEAP O TROUBLE:blackeye:

all kinds of ppl hang out in the parking lot before and after school. we have over 2000 kids that go here. ppl that hang out there are like jocks(like me) and preps and those kinda kids. the only real competiton of cars that ppl like other then mines is a modded yellow f-150, couple of tiburons, and an older golf GTI. thats it...the rest look like beaters to me. I have so many ppl come up to me...in the past week at least a lil under 100 diffrent ppl comment my car. rarely any negative about it.

Don't feel bad Ray, I got you by 5 years. And even back when I was in High school ( I think Fred and Barney were in my class):laugh: . Having a cool looking ride scored big points and if you were already well known then it just set you a peg above the pack. In my day it was lowriders or muscle cars. I went with the lowrider look first cause it was cheaper 67 chevy Impala 327 SS. Had it slammed in the rear, 5 spoke chrome cragar rims, and the 8 track was hitt'n those 6x9 jensen:laugh: .

When I was in high school everyone hung out in the parking lot as well. About the only group that didn't were the "nerds". They would all be in the library or in the halls studying.
As far as cars went, not too many cool rides were to be found. About the biggest deal that I can remember was a friend of a friend's dad's Aurora (I think) and his loaded SUV (cannot remember the exact kind).
Thing is after I graduated I would see more and more young kids with souped up Hondas and other similar cars. Seems like it wasn't as big a deal when I was in school to have a "special" or "stand out" car.

all kinds of ppl hang out in the parking lot before and after school. we have over 2000 kids that go here. ppl that hang out there are like jocks(like me) and preps and those kinda kids. the only real competiton of cars that ppl like other then mines is a modded yellow f-150, couple of tiburons, and an older golf GTI. thats it...the rest look like beaters to me. I have so many ppl come up to me...in the past week at least a lil under 100 diffrent ppl comment my car. rarely any negative about it.

So much for life not being fair huh?:rolleyes:

When i was in high school im glad i didnt have the CSVT, i would have crashed it, or people would have vandalized it. Most of the people in my highschool were tools anyways, so i didnt need to impress them.

The Cobra gets enough attention now from idiot high schoolers.

That's cool Alex!

Don't mind Ian (yamaha racer 686), he's still hanging out in the parking lots. ;)
Someofthegang-1.jpg

That's him in the black sweatshirt with the hood up. :D

I had my SVT in senior year of high school. Everyone loved it. I had people asking me all the time if it was brand new (in 2003/2004). :laugh:

I miss those good old days. :cry:

when i was in high school most kids drove beaters or mom and dads cars. me i drove my moms old 96 dodge grand caravan. it could hold 7 people so i was the car to goto lol. but there was a few 5.0's, talons. 2 talons had around 500hp no I'm not kidding. but those kids worked there asses off to pay for everything. but again most had mommy and daddy's car witch may have been theres. i hate my stupid rich town. there was not much student parking. but most of use just had to move our cars at lunch when parked off school property as you had to pay for the little amount of student parking that was available.

if this doesn't make any sense I'm sorry and my excuse is Ive been drinking...

Last edited:
yeah back when i was in highschool all the lady's where always all over my 1996 chevy corsica, it was the car to have back then, in 2005 :p

High School ?? When I felt like going we were cruisin in 70"s muscle and early 80's granada's....Few of us would meet up in the parking lot before classes for one reason or another :cool:. From there we would head down by the river and finish what we started.....Anyways, I turned out ok :blackeye: . LOL

Been through hell...on our way to heaven...Were the " Class of '87 ".

Last edited:
^ :laugh:

He's a friend of one of our members.

when i was in high school most kids drove beaters or mom and dads cars. me i drove my moms old 96 dodge grand caravan. it could hold 7 people so i was the car to goto lol. but there was a few 5.0's, talons. 2 talons had around 500hp no I'm not kidding. but those kids worked there asses off to pay for everything. but again most had mommy and daddy's car witch may have been theres. i hate my stupid rich town. there was not much student parking. but most of use just had to move our cars at lunch when parked off school property as you had to pay for the little amount of student parking that was available.

if this doesn't make any sense I'm sorry and my excuse is Ive been drinking...
amen to that brother i have the least expensive car out of all my friends 3 have sti's, 1 has an evo, 1 has a fully built na rsx, and 1 guy with an m3, but one thing i can say about my car is that its unique and i never get sick of seeing it

Back