• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Which wheels do you like for my MCS?

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
These (Enkei RPM2's)...
DSC00735.JPG

or these (ASA AR2's)...
131051275-L.jpg

finally, these (ASA JH6)
You'll have to go to www.tirerack.com and put them in. For some reason the pic isn't coming up for me:eek: Enlarge the pic and see them in great detail, they are AWESOME:drool:

IMO I can't go wrong with any of these wheels as they all look bad-ass! The RPM2's being in hyper black would match up nice with the cladding and light window tint and trim, the ASA's are machine finished w/ anthrasite accents so again, it matches up nice too but considering I'm a little "old school", I'm actually leaning towards the ASA JH6's. Price isn't an issue here because the Enkei's are $900 OTD, the AR2's are $159.00 per and the JH6's are $195 per. MY wheels are being paid for with the money from my winter beater, that's why price isn't an issue here. So, what do you guys think:shrug:

I think you need to slam it to the ground first, and worry about wheels after

Honestly I think the JH6's are ugly.

And since you apparently don't care about wheel weight at all I'd vote for the RPM2's.

Although Motegi Traklites would be better than all of those.

Are you going for looks or for performance....do you have a size requirement. I personally love the look of Silver Kosei K1s on the Miata and Mini...they are light weight, look fantastic and they are inexpensive.

kos_k1_race_sil_ci3_l.jpg

And this is a relatively new wheel that I think looks fantastic, is light weight and again,they can be had for short money.

http://www.949racing.com/

195&225W.jpg

grayminisilverbW.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly I think the JH6's are ugly.

And since you apparently don't care about wheel weight at all I'd vote for the RPM2's.

Although Motegi Traklites would be better than all of those.

Derek, the RPM2's are 16.9lbs, that's NOT heavy:rolleyes: :shrug: I like the tracklites for sure, but I'm going for a mix of form and function. I read on tirerack that the Tracklites are 14lbs for the flat black and 15lbs for the painted black, lighter then the RPM2's yes, but that's not the look I'm going for. Now don't get me wrong, if my car were Astro Black or the dark gray those would look:drool: :drool: :drool:

Hey Derek, here's one for you...

Team Barge goes British:cool:
R56%20003%20copy.jpg

enkei.

On a side note, one of my neighbors has a mini in that gray color with similar wheels and it looks very nice. He's also got an old school mini that looks race prepped...and a 5 series wagon all done up too.

Well if RPM2's are that weight then it's an easy pick.

I could have sworn i looked into those when I had the contour and they were like 21-22 unless it was the ones goonz posted.

Roger,

Don't buy just to buy. Wait until you can get EXACTLY what you want. Regardless of financial, availability or other reasons. You'll be so much happier when you finally bolt on the right wheels. Get something spectacular. Fikse, HRE, BBS & Kinesis.

Last edited:
Your right Mark and the RPM2's are well worth the wait, but I also found some BBS RX's for the car too, those are $300 per, but because I had those already, I'll pass and opt for the RPM2's....I think:shrug: There's just something about those ASA JH6's, the retro look reminds me of what I was trying to do with that pony car I tried ordering 23 monthes ago. For that car I went with the Halibrand Cobras and IMO those would've been a HUGE hit. I saw those wheels on a blue Stang GT last year at the Downriver Cruize and I was right, they were:drool: :drool: :drool:

Can someone photoshop those ASA JH6's onto a Mini? I don't car if its the previous gen car either, but if someone can, please make it BRG/W roof though, thanks!

The JH6s of course fit the car well but if it was me, I wouldn't get them unless I just had race tires on em.
Out of those three, I'd get the AR2s. The RPM2s just have too much going on. The AR2s also have a nicer lip.

Back