• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

In case you were wondering...

Damn, did you use the time machine from "Back to the Future" to go back to the 80's and get that thing right off the lot or what:drool: :drool: :drool:

I don't doubt it. I've seen similar things in the short time I've been on that board. Some seem to apply common sense, while others tend to be as you said militant. There seems to be a divide in the community that I can see already. Let me know if you have an inside track on any NOS parts up your way since you seem to have connections.
Some of them are much much worse than that sounds . . . I'm not a fan of the guys that part out nice cars like that for the hell of it, but some of those guys have crapped all over people that were trying to salvage what was left of some basket case SVO's, and I know a couple people who have gotten some really nasty emails and veiled threats over trying to buy SVO parts for a non-SVO . . .
Enough ;-) I'll just say, I paid a tad under what KBB calls for, and I could probably turn around and sell it for a profit still if I desired.
very clean. incredible find.

how much did you pay?

I'm a little vague on my ford 80s history. SVO was ford performance program back then correct? And an SVO mustang is a Turbo inline 4 cyc?

Probably sound like a total nub haha

Oh and I saw a stang with the double wing the junkyard today, is that a SVO only thing? The hood and motor were gone from the car though.

reminds me alot of the 79 Capri RS my father had ... wonder if the engine is the same ... I know it didn't have that factory intercooler .... and the interesting thing about the car was my father ordered it without power steering ...

btw, Ryan, sorry, I didn't really mean to piss up your thread.

It is a very nice looking example of a really great car though. I've been wanting to build a modern interpretation of an SVO for awhile now. Either an SN95 or S197 w/ a turbo 2.3L Duratec.

btw, Ryan, sorry, I didn't really mean to piss up your thread.

It is a very nice looking example of a really great car though. I've been wanting to build a modern interpretation of an SVO for awhile now. Either an SN95 or S197 w/ a turbo 2.3L Duratec.

No worries. :)

Todd - I won't be hacking her up. Ruins the value. Just a few easy mods ;-)

Well, I would normally agree but if a car like that has survived that long you need to relegate it to garage queen. I wanted to buy a 91 SHO + but knew it was reaching the point where it was in such good shape it shouldn't be a DD. Had to pass it up so someone else could buy it and hopefully garage it.

Right, that'd be like taking a GN and dumping an LS2 into it. The SVO is cool because of the turbo 4 popper, why destroy an SVO?

Very, very nice SVO BTW! That is something that I would like to own myself :drool:

Back