• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ebay Springs

I see. Well not I'm lost. So is a bad idea to buy the BOMZ coilover on ebay? I just want to lower it because I don't really like the huge gap in my front.

i like coilover's be cause they're adjustable and you can always make sure your car is level.

I haven't heard much about the BOMZ but if i remember it right it has been said that it's the "best" knock off coilover kit, but keep in mind this is a coilover setup that slides over the strut and is not a full coilover strut and spring combo.

Well i have seen people running Intrax Springs with no problem(if thats what your talking about)....

But truthfully there is no such thing as ebay springs, BE MORE SPECIFIC which ones?

- Amyn

Not cool man, don't be hate'n on my Springs!:laugh: I love em!

just a NECO guy poking around here but,

I had ebay coilovers on my cougar for about 2 years. The only problem i had was that blew a strut, but it was a stock one with 60k on it anyways. They handel great, but you feel like your gonna break your teeth when u hit a bump. So stiff that they might as well be solid steel. They also didnt fit, the first time i just used a grinder and took off a tiny bit from my struts till they fit, really i took the paint off and they fit. Then I blew a strut so we used a press to get them off since the where rusted to strut (no paint on the strut duh) while we were pressing them onto the new struts we snapped a perch off the one. I ended up tearing them all out and replacing everything, new struts, BG drop springs, new bearings, new mounts. Rides wonderfull now, and still handels well.

Not cool man, don't be hate'n on my Springs!:laugh: I love em!

Lol I didnt mean it the way I said it... I meant I have seen the Intrax Springs being run on a CSVT and they performed well and look good.....

Sry I had no info and was trying to help.....

- Amyn

Back