• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ebay Springs

Also i hope you plan on doing struts and not just springs.

Koni Struts and B+G Sport springs.

DSCF0187.jpg

DSCF0695.jpg

DSCF0694.jpg

D2 Coilovers

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

i have been running on a set of coilovers from ebay (not Bomz but from ebay and a similar design) for over 2 years now and have not had a single problem or complaint with them.

seeing a guy thats had them for a while makes me confident.... i think im going to pick these up as soon as a i get my engine tuned which should be in the next month or two.

seeing a guy thats had them for a while makes me confident.... i think im going to pick these up as soon as a i get my engine tuned which should be in the next month or two.

3L and all that into your car and you trust those Bomz Coilovers... I mean I understand they work.... But why is another Kit 500 when these are 50?....
that company is cuttin corners somewhere....

Tell me how it works out!

- Amyn

if one breaks, id just sue the company for millions. honestly would a company really sell dangerous springs that will break....?

and this coilover set does it come with struts? i thought it did at first but now i dont think so, cause i have blown struts in the back so i definetly need new ones, ive got the friggen taurus S.A.S. (sag ass syndrom as referred to on the taurus forum i used to be in).

now, i havent seen any other suspension systems that you can adjust the ride height on that arent $500 + is there anything reasonably priced that the ride height can be changed on? because i have big plans for my car over the next year, including a mirko, so in the winter i want to be able to raise my car up so i dont snow plow.

Last edited:
if one breaks, id just sue the company for millions. honestly would a company really sell dangerous springs that will break....?

and this coilover set does it come with struts? i thought it did at first but now i dont think so, cause i have blown struts in the back so i definetly need new ones, ive got the friggen taurus S.A.S. (sag ass syndrom as referred to on the taurus forum i used to be in).

now, i havent seen any other suspension systems that you can adjust the ride height on that arent $500 + is there anything reasonably priced that the ride height can be changed on? because i have big plans for my car over the next year, including a mirko, so in the winter i want to be able to raise my car up so i dont snow plow.

i would be shocked if there wasn't a nice pretty "not for highway use" or the always popular "for off-road use only" disclaimer that would pretty much eliminate any chance of a successful lawsuit.

Actually stazi did an install of these bomz springs on someones car. He wrote about it back in the old forums days. Look it up on there.

He also explained how he had to cut some material to make them fit.

So today I picked up those Bomz Coilover Springs and I guess they didn't fit. So I don't know if I should return it or try to resale it. I only got it for $40 because it was a ON SALE thing at a local shop. So can anyone find the old forum of how Stazi made them fit? I know you guys will ask me why am I doing this. Well I guess I'll be riding with my Contour for only a few more months so I just want to lower it just to practice to take care of a low.

what do you mean by "they didnt fit"? did the threaded collars not go down onto the strut? if so then you got ones for the koni struts. Konis are just slightly smaller in diameter than the stock or other aftermarket replacements.

Well I'm still rolling on stock springs and shocks. Well I'll take pix of the coilover springs later because I'm charging my camera right now. This is the best pix of it that I can find.

Coilover.jpg

Is everything look the same but the front springs are shorter than the rears. And didn't came with the black circle things.

Back