• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

TourEnvy in NV Photoshoot pics inside

TourEnvy

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, I finally put a fire under my butt and did my first photo shoot. Me and my Envyette went to Red Rocks in the desert to take some pics. After having to run home to recharge my battery for my Camera (duh), We shot pics as the sun was going down behind the mountains. These are the best of many shots.

good1.jpg

good4.jpg

good3.jpg

good2.jpg

good5.jpg

I know, I know there grainy! Not to mention I wanted to use them for the calander. I forgot that i had it setup at 2.1 MB previously for work.
Here some info:
Kodak Easy Share Camera
Schieder Lens
Shot in Manual Mode
Tripod
2.1 MB (should have been at 4.0 MB)
ISO 400

Now just from a post i just saw I think that the graininess has to do with the ISO being at 400, Which I knew was a standard speed for b/w, I guess not Digital-Color.

If anyone has any help input on correcting this problem that would be helpful. I was really baffled until, i read that the ISO was the problem.

Damn those would be wicked Calender shots if they weren't noisy!

I'm still amazed how your car isn't lowered. Sit's so nice :cool:

I can get them to look fine in Photoshop but I don't think photoshopped pics are allowed :shrug:

I agree. Those wheels look good with that color.

Yeah that green looks awesome with any gray wheel, especially Euro FSVTs :drool: :drool: Get a better setup on your camera (or a new one entirely ;)) and take some more!

My old camera is a Kodak Easyshare at 4.x megapixels but that thing is ancient compared to my new one. Still works good for shots up close or taking pictures of random car parts :laugh:

Edit: what size tire are you running? It does fill the wheel well nicely.

Yeah, Noise (Loud Noises! A.M.) I was pissed when I uploaded. These are the first shots that i have noticed that were so grainy, When I shot them, I went to Auto and 4.0, they came out the same way. Like I said, If anyone has anything specific to try I will! It might have been a combo of MB, Lighting and "Film" Speed.

Yup, not lowered. If it wasnt for the the front being a tad too high, I would even consider a upgrade. Like I said it will be in the works.

They 225/45/17 but keep in mind the way the Euro's are with the spokes going to the edge of the rim, it helps with overall size.

Thanks for the comments, keep them coming. By far this is the best my paint has looked in person.

This is a shot that came out better, I know for a fact that this is at
4 MB and maybe on Auto Settings.
good6.jpg

Last edited:
still seems like it is a very grainy picture, is there a manual mode to that camera so you can change settings? My camera doesn't start to get noise or grain till the ISO is about 800.

Yeah, look above I shot the first ones at 400 ISO htis last one was on auto. I can manually adjust the ISO, but didnt do so.

Should I try to have the lowest ISO for the conditions? Im sure the 2.1 MB didnt help either. Next time I will try to a different combo. 4MB with lowest ISO as possible i persume?

NY License plates HUH????

Nice shots just grainy

- Amyn

Yeah just move about a month ago (shhh) Im on "assignment".

Yeah, look above I shot the first ones at 400 ISO htis last one was on auto. I can manually adjust the ISO, but didnt do so.

Should I try to have the lowest ISO for the conditions? Im sure the 2.1 MB didnt help either. Next time I will try to a different combo. 4MB with lowest ISO as possible i persume?

seems that if you're getting that much grain at 400 to try and lower the ISO settings

Can you give more info on the camera, Kodak easyshare covers about 200 of the last cameras they made. I use the Kodak easyshare 7590 and I have and older DC260 that takes awesome stills. Now if the camera you have has different auto settings......Stills, action, night, outdoors..etc
Use the action settings it gives you the best option of ISO and focus points along with cutting down on shaking pic results.

And one more tip/hint if taking action pic's try to have the movement coming towards to camera. And for side shots, follow your subject with the camera as it moves, this makes the subject clear and the background blurry. For nighttime shots with effects use a slow shutter speed and it will give you that blurry lights effects with a sharp pic of your subject.

Nice pictures; did you take them at Spring Mountain Ranch?

DT.

It was closer towards the city then SMR. It was a parking area where they do horseback riding. Some pics were facing SMR area others facing Red Rocks Area. Did you live in NV, i noticed your SN?

Can you give more info on the camera, Kodak easyshare covers about 200 of the last cameras they made. I use the Kodak easyshare 7590 and I have and older DC260 that takes awesome stills. Now if the camera you have has different auto settings......Stills, action, night, outdoors..etc
Use the action settings it gives you the best option of ISO and focus points along with cutting down on shaking pic results.

And one more tip/hint if taking action pic's try to have the movement coming towards to camera. And for side shots, follow your subject with the camera as it moves, this makes the subject clear and the background blurry. For nighttime shots with effects use a slow shutter speed and it will give you that blurry lights effects with a sharp pic of your subject.

Yeah I learned alot of that good stuff when I was in college (Media Arts Major). Thanks for the refresher, its been a while. I will have to get the camera info for you. I have all the scene modes that you mentioned. I also have shutter priority, light proirity, etc and full manual settings.

I did take several test shots last night, adjusting the ISO in steps to see quality. As The Five-oh mentioned the high the ISO the more grainier it got. Also bumping the MB help alot too.

Yeah very grainey pics, looks like a magazine article, but hott csvt thats for sure. I do love the green ones.

Can you hook me up with Hi res?

Car looks great!

Ill send you what I have if you PM me you email. Most of them are grainy ill have to warn you, but see what you get and you might be able to recover them.

I have my Camera Info: Kodak Easy Share DX 7440

Back