• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New pics, last pics

All in all , the job turned out looking fine . Focus on that .
I can't believe Claude didn't give you some sorta estimate before you OK'd to have the work done

yeah this is the part I don't understand. Why didn't you get an estimate first?
The tips looks nice at least.

yeah this is the part I don't understand. Why didn't you get an estimate first?
The tips looks nice at least.

Because I knew two people who got their exhaust done there and had the exact same thing done, and they paid substantially less.

And TGO, I guess I will defer to you since you apparently know more about my own car then I do. Guess the sound difference I heard last night when somebody else was driving it around was my imagination.

I was one of them. We did pay "substantially less" .

Once my Magnaflows were installed I noticed a difference in sound. It wasn't as I had expected at all. :( Very disappointing!

I just bought bassani mufflers for 100 bucks then i had them put on for 70 bucks at our local tuffy. It sounds awesome but its not quite loud enough so im going to cut the resonator out and i bought a magniflow cat to put in its place so the cat was 60 and it will be another 70 bucks to put it in, so their is still hope don't give up on modifying the car just look for better deals!!!!

And TGO, I guess I will defer to you since you apparently know more about my own car then I do. Guess the sound difference I heard last night when somebody else was driving it around was my imagination.

yeah i do.

what are you implying, you got defective mufflers???

sorry to break the news to you, but there's 3 other spots ahead of the mufflers that affect the sound. the pre cats, the cat itself and the resonator. changing just the mufflers won't do much.

but if you insist there should be a bigger difference, then perhaps you should start looking into your cat being clogged or something.

yeah i do.

what are you implying, you got defective mufflers???

sorry to break the news to you, but there's 3 other spots ahead of the mufflers that affect the sound. the pre cats, the cat itself and the resonator. changing just the mufflers won't do much.

but if you insist there should be a bigger difference, then perhaps you should start looking into your cat being clogged or something.

Wow, for somebody who knows so much about my car you don't seem to remember that I don't have the factory cat or resonator, odd!

No, you didn't. When I bring something up like that, it's mildly amusing. When you go on and on about how you got raped on the mufflers, and how this is the last blah blah blah. It's annoying.

Besides, I thought you said, "I'm not posting here anymore. I wish there was a way to delete all my posts I've ever made. I'm only here for the turbo."

Do us a favor and stick to your word. You're constant changing of your mind is about as frequent as a sexually confused teenager.

"Hur hur Gotcha"

Man , this post continued right into the toilet :( . I would be disappointed in the $100+ increase in cost over our installs done at the same place . Shouldn't go up that much in a year . He still should've given you some kinda estimate before you drove up there & did it . Claude is usually a really good dude to deal with . Maybe he didn't do the install (he's usually the guy that does the custom stuff) .

Fyi

Fyi

I appoligize for taking this thread in a different direction, but as mentioned in the first post by digital slacker, at that website www.performancepeddler.com if anyone is looking to order something from there, enter the code ebay4p and it takes off a nice chunk. I just ordered some exhaust things for my fathers truck from there and it was a nice deal.

Yeah, I hear that but thats usually how my dad works. (10 days late) I looked at the website after seeing this post and let him know what he was lookin for was pretty cheap on there and by the time he said order it for me... You get the picture. Good discount none-the-less.

Back