• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trim peice removal How-to?

my98SVTturbo

Hard-core CEG'er
Are there any how-tos or anything about taking off the black trim peice that goes around the headlight switch and the radio/hvac controls. reason i ask is im gonna be painting my dash peices soon.

Picture205redo.jpg

IIRC, its 2 screws under the headlight switch/mirror control. Then it pulls out with a little force because its clipped in at the top(best way is remove the cover under the steering wheel so you can see the clips from behind and get an idea).....

for the radio/hvac its like 4 screws to up front and 2 in the back harder to screw out get a short screw driver, then you basically look at it from the front and pull it towards you.

I doubt there is a how-to on it cause its real easy??!!!:shrug:

- Amyn

i'd recommend you do the trim around your guages too. it'll look alot cleaner. i'd also recommend you go to a junkyard, get an extra set of trim pieces (mine only cost me $18 for the whole set) and paint those because odds are you wont get the paint to look right on the first try and you dont want to have your whole dash hanging out for days. heres a pic of what mine looks like. i just finished it up about a month ago

DSCN2291.jpg

good luck!

i'd recommend you do the trim around your guages too. it'll look alot cleaner. i'd also recommend you go to a junkyard, get an extra set of trim pieces (mine only cost me $18 for the whole set) and paint those because odds are you wont get the paint to look right on the first try and you dont want to have your whole dash hanging out for days. heres a pic of what mine looks like. i just finished it up about a month ago

DSCN2291.jpg

good luck!

I second that approach. Another advantage is minimal down time:laugh:

Back