• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Why would they do this!!??

novellino21

Veteran CEG'er
So i dont know about any of you guys but i'm so sick of un-marked police cars! I got nailed again by one tonight. I got pulled over for having a liscence plate light out. He let me go with a warning b/c i was also speeding a little and i have nothing on my record.
But the car was a dodge magnum. Looked completely stock, even had the stock wheels on! Is that legal for them to do that? it jus pisses me off!
http://www.motorweb.no/artikler/nyheter/2003-03-04/2003-03-04-Dodge-Magnum-SRT-8-Sports-T-01.jpg

So i dont know about any of you guys but i'm so sick of un-marked police cars! I got nailed again by one tonight. I got pulled over for having a liscence plate light out. He let me go with a warning b/c i was also speeding a little and i have nothing on my record.
But the car was a dodge magnum. Looked completely stock, even had the stock wheels on! Is that legal for them to do that? it jus pisses me off!
http://www.motorweb.no/artikler/nyheter/2003-03-04/2003-03-04-Dodge-Magnum-SRT-8-Sports-T-01.jpg

perfectly legal.. that's why they are un-marked..eh.

Around Louisville, KY they have an early 90's beat to crap mustang GT convert. that is un-marked and the only lights are behind the grill and in the headlight housings. If that wasn't bad enough they also have an un-marked EVO VIII and Z06.

They have those around here, a few crown vics and chevy somthing or others, they are easy to spot. Just look for the G in the licence plate or the overly tinted windows.

all in one day i saw a ford fusion and an old beretta pulling someone over. the beretta had a huge light bar on top too. looked kind of funny. i hadnt seen anything like this until very recently

Down here in SouthWest Fl theres 05 Mustang gt's look completely stock But you can see the lights in the rear window etc..And theres Dodge Chargers those are wha get ya around here but those you can see the lights pretty well in the front grill.I got pulled over by one thanksgiving night for speeding.But was let off when i gave him my old Insurance card he gave me a ticket for that instead..I think its good in a way because theres alot of people out there running the redlights speeding etc..And they need to be taken care of..

well this one time i was driving to Jorden MN doing a dealer trade (I work for a ford dealer ship btw) and i was on this god knows where country road out in the middle of no where. here i am thinking there r no cops and sure enuff after the thot i saw a old prolly 90-95 chevy pickup unmarked cop truck pull over this malibu. It was crazy. A beat up piece of crap!! Couldnt even tell!! It pisses me off cuz now you cant get away with anything.

which leads me to conclude that radar detectors are worthless now. They dont keep you from getting pulled over but they jus let you know your going to.lol. Any body care to differ?

worstday.jpg

Yea there are a good number of tuners in this area and they impounded both the Z06 and the EVO and decided to keep them. The bad thing with the EVO is that it is somewhat modded out and I have heard that it is known to run up on tuners, rev the engine, and waits for you to take off. Then he flips on the lights and runs you down. It blows.

Yea there are a good number of tuners in this area and they impounded both the Z06 and the EVO and decided to keep them. The bad thing with the EVO is that it is somewhat modded out and I have heard that it is known to run up on tuners, rev the engine, and waits for you to take off. Then he flips on the lights and runs you down. It blows.

Isn't that entrapment, I thought that was illegal.

Yup, catch him on camera and bust the cop. There's supposedly an unmarked mod'd GTO that runs the I-17 just south of Flagstaff that does the same thing.

Originally (at least around here), the unmarked cops were not legal and the first 6 months of their tickets had to be undone. After that, they were legal, but if they pulled you over, they had to be accompanied by a marked car (some people weren't pulling over, thinking the people in the unmarked car were thugs :blackeye:). I think about 6-7 years ago, they started getting a bunch more unmarked cars and have been pulling people over by themselves.

Isn't that entrapment, I thought that was illegal.

It is not entrapment because the cop is not forcing you into doing anything. If he revs his engine, it is your choice to rev back, light up the tires, and take off. You could have chose to ignore the cop revving his engine instead. It is all your choice and therefore is not entrapment.

There are a bunch of black Dodge Intrepids running around MA highways. Most of them even have the normal passenger license plates intead of the blue government plates. Only thing you can tell is the heavy dark tint (and the fact that they are black, I don't think that was a stock color on that car).

I am perfectly fine with unmarked cars. Keeps the edge off people (Crown Vics slow the highways down a ton because idiots get scared and decide to drive 10mph under the limit), and hurts those breaking the law. I still laugh thinking about a BMW that sped past me at probably 100mph and then seeing it again pulled over by an Intrepid down the road.

I'm pretty sick of people complaining about getting pulled over for valid reasons. :p
Don't speed and make sure your car is up to snuff.
tadaaa!

It is not entrapment because the cop is not forcing you into doing anything. If he revs his engine, it is your choice to rev back, light up the tires, and take off. You could have chose to ignore the cop revving his engine instead. It is all your choice and therefore is not entrapment.

actually, its not entrapment if he is baiting you to do something you are likely to do. for example: if he were to pull up next to your mom and tell her ill be you $500 my POS chevy truck can outrun your mbz. that would be entrapment because he encouraged her to do something illegal that she would not normally do.

people holler entrapment all day long but its actually quite difficult to prove.

and them using an evo for an undercover car just blows. :blackeye: talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing. hopefully they'll break the thing before they get too much use out of it. it would be cool to get paid to haul ass in a modded evo though :laugh:

Thats the classic example of entrapment. While I am not saying it doesnt happen, I would high doubt a cop would be THAT blatant about it.

An EVO huh.... I'd like to see pics of this cuz I been on the bigger EVO forums for 3 years and no one has ever mentioned it.

PS - to the guy who started the thread....obey the speed limits and keep the car up to snuff and you have nothing to worry about. ;)

Back