• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

look what i got today

So what is the diagnosis? Differential?

Gotta be. Ill know more tonight when i drain it and pull the axles. I pulled the pass side stuff except for the jackshaft. The battery and tray and intake BS. I put new brakes on the GF's car last night and it was nice out soo I started working on this car.

Gotta be. Ill know more tonight when i drain it and pull the axles. I pulled the pass side stuff except for the jackshaft. The battery and tray and intake BS. I put new brakes on the GF's car last night and it was nice out soo I started working on this car.

Figured because you were worried about the case being damaged :)

Psstt if you need a stock one I have one ;)

Theres one sitting right next to the car right now. Hopefully this case isn't damaged and I can just keep cycling them after rebuilds

want to sell those wheels? :D

bagged has been threatening to switch wheels with me in the middle of the night, but I won't let anyone have them...at least until I get a couple of miles on em.

Last night i put it up on stands and spun the front tire. It would free spin without the pass moving. Then when you spun the wheel backwards it would move about 90degrees then lock up. Appears the case is in good shape though. Car should be done tomm at some point.:cool:

WoooHooo!:laugh: I can't wait

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! See all you EGLer's at TP's tomorrow:cool:

Thank you to Steeda, bagged, Todras, The Five-Oh! and Rara for the help. (And Erin for keeping me company).

So what is the diagnosis? Differential?

Um, yeah, it was definately differential, lol. Unless spider gears aren't really supposed to have teeth on them . . .

btw, don't thank me too much . . . I was only there to lend moral support, and to make fun of Alex . . .

think i know why it broke...

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

Show the sweet pics of all the misc. wiring hanging about the car. :help: Oh and need to zip tie up that O2 connection. Kept seeing it yesterday.

Back