• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another Dead Contour

Oeneus

New CEG'er
So I haven't been on here for a couple of years. What's up?

The short version of the story: The temp gauge stopped working a few weeks ago. While driving to work I noticed the heat never came on, then the car died. When I opened the hood, the overflow was boiling and steam was coming out of the air intake. I towed it to a place and they said it has no compression. I am thrilled, trust me.

Anyway, I am trying to figure out my options. I couldn't find a engine for it locally. I have put on cam gears, UDP, (30,000 miles ago) and flywheel, LSD. (2000 miles ago). Should I get these parts off, sell them, and drop the car off at the junk yard? Should I part it out? Should I keep it and try to find a new engine? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, all

Thanks, all

Man Kremit, you are still on here? Looks like you have moved up in the world though.

Right now I am thinking I may just keep it my garage and wait and see for a few months if an engine becomes available. We are going to buy a car, let my wife drive it, and I will drive the Neon (which sucks because I hate automatics). If an engine comes around, then I will put it in and probably sell the Neon. If not, does anyone need a recently rebuild Zetec MTX-75?

How much are you looking to get from it and is it a stock rebuild or did you put a little something extra into it.

It was just rebuilt about 3000 miles ago w/ a torsen LSD. I would like to get $1500 for it. Anyone can PM me about it.

To take this thread to my next queston, has anyone had a used/salvage part (like and engine/tranny) shipped from a yard? www.car-part.com has lots of parts listed around the country, but what would I be looking at for shipping? Reliability? I think the best case senario would be selling the tranny and the other bolt-ons, putting in a salvage engine/tranny and selling it as a running car. Opinions?

Back