• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Checking Interest on LIM MODS

Checking Interest on LIM MODS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The transitions will be here less then two weeks 80 of them so I will be able to do 15 of them. I will have the first working piece in two weeks so I will post pics then and it will be a great product ready tp install less then 20 minutes. Joey

LIM

LIM

nice joey! Make sure ma name's written all over one of those 15 bro. If i have to give you tha money right now, i will! I dunno if its outta ma place to say this, but tha guyz @ pnpheads won't be too happy with this LIM replacement. But it sure will make life a whooole lot easier tho...

nice joey! Make sure ma name's written all over one of those 15 bro. If i have to give you tha money right now, i will! I dunno if its outta ma place to say this, but tha guyz @ pnpheads won't be too happy with this LIM replacement. But it sure will make life a whooole lot easier tho...
You will have to make sure he has the return fuel line figured out then because I'm pretty sure your 98 isn't returnless.

The PnP heads will still be competitive in my opinion. I have them and love them. This will probably reduce the number of straight 3L swaps because it will be so much easier then making the 3L fuel rail, throttle body, and egr work correctly and allows you to use the same UIM. It's still not any easier then having your heads Ported and Polished but a little less expensive. I would imagine the PnP heads make a little more power but that's not necessarily true. We'll have to wait and see.

Put me on the list for one. I want it asap. I have the money in hand now if I have to send it. I have a 3L waiting to drop it in. I was saving up for the pnp but this looks like a better option for me. Just let me know.

are 99 and up returnless right??

I think it started in late 99... The only way to be sure is to get out there and check. If it's returnless you'll only have one line going to the fuel rail obviously. The fuel pressure regulator is in that line and has an electrical pigtail going to it. It looks a lot different then a return style line.

QUOTE=Redlineracer12;227040]You will have to make sure he has the return fuel line figured out then because I'm pretty sure your 98 isn't returnless.

The PnP heads will still be competitive in my opinion. I have them and love them. This will probably reduce the number of straight 3L swaps because it will be so much easier then making the 3L fuel rail, throttle body, and egr work correctly and allows you to use the same UIM. It's still not any easier then having your heads Ported and Polished but a little less expensive. I would imagine the PnP heads make a little more power but that's not necessarily true. We'll have to wait and see.[/QUOTE]

true. ma 98.5 fuel rail has two lines running thru it. Guess i'll have to wait till he gets em done for us 98's. Am confident joey n tom'll figure sumthn out.

Some people will still opt for the port & polish job they just wont need to get the oval port to split port work done.

hey well im gonna switch back to split port as soonas i can so im in need for 1 as well return style.... hey i might take 2 if they are avalable ... i donno i just need one for my car i will look into 1 for a friend with a 2.5 goin to do a 3.0 with me as soon as my 3.0 starts "im still workin on gettng my 3.0 to run " :(

so does this eliminate the most difficult part of a 3 liter swap? How much easier does this make the swap? Rough idea of what the cost is going to be for one of these?

so does this eliminate the most difficult part of a 3 liter swap? How much easier does this make the swap? Rough idea of what the cost is going to be for one of these?

for tha most part i guess. Depends on which swap too. I've neva done a 3L swap. But it seems the 3L folks seem to like this thing. No more need for porting n polishing as this will replace the 2.5 LIM. No word on tha exact price yet. None that i've seen or heard of anyway...

so howz it looking joey? Any progress on a LIM for our return style fueling system?

I have 80 transisition made that can make 15 sets. I ordered some adjustable fuel pressure regulators with a fuel guage. I am collecting all the fittings now I have a set of flanges here to make the first set. My machinist is working on some "l" brackets the fuel rails right now. If I haven't mentioned the part is going to be more like a stacked manifold where the transistion is a larger oval tapering down to a smaller oval welded to two 3/8" flanges. The setup will need to primed and painted so I will have available colors for all you custom setups too. You will use your original gasket on the oval port and the upper split ports the flanges has the drilled holes to line up the gaskets too. I will have a final price by Monday since I will be planning on shipping some out next week. Joey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back